Separated from Cape Town by the massive bulk of Table Mountain, Constantia is where grapes were first introduced into South Africa. It is still home to some of the oldest vineyards in the country, many dating back to the time of Cape Governor Simon van der Stel.
Vineyard houses and estates
The secluded location and good soil led to Constantia rapidly becoming popular with the wealthy Capetonians and vineyard owners, leaving a legacy of the oldest and most beautiful Cape houses and estates. Within Constantia are a host of superb wine estates, great restaurants and excellent boutique shopping opportunities.
Kirstenbosch National Botanical Garden
The Kirstenbosch National Botanical Garden, with its hiking trails up Table Mountain, is close by, and the city center is just a few minutes' drive by car.
Map of Constantia
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Constantia
- Cape Town 13 kilometers away
- The Cape Peninsula 27 kilometers away
- Stellenbosch 42 kilometers away
- The Winelands 57 kilometers away
- Paarl 61 kilometers away
- Franschhoek 67 kilometers away
- The Whale Coast 87 kilometers away
- Hermanus 88 kilometers away
- De Kelders 105 kilometers away
- Langebaan 111 kilometers away
- The Overberg 138 kilometers away
- Paternoster 145 kilometers away
- Montagu 160 kilometers away
- The Cederberg Mountains 182 kilometers away
- Swellendam 187 kilometers away
- Sanbona Game Reserve 200 kilometers away
- De Hoop Nature Reserve 201 kilometers away
- Calitzdorp 308 kilometers away
- Oudtshoorn & Surrounds 354 kilometers away
- The Cango Caves & Swartberg Pass 359 kilometers away
- Wilderness 384 kilometers away
- The Klein Karoo 419 kilometers away
- Knysna 427 kilometers away
- Plettenberg Bay 456 kilometers away
Photos of Constantia
Accommodation choices for Constantia
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Constantia. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.
Ideas for experiencing Constantia
Our specialists seek out authentic ways to get to know the places that could feature in your trip. These activities reflect some of the experiences they've most enjoyed while visiting Constantia, and which use the best local guides.
Learn about the Winelands of South Africa and sample a variety of its wines as you visit the towns of Paarl, Stellenbosch and Franschhoek.View details