Separated from Cape Town by the massive bulk of Table Mountain, Constantia is where grapes were first introduced into South Africa. It is still home to some of the oldest vineyards in the country, many dating back to the time of Cape Governor Simon van der Stel.
Vineyard houses and estates
The secluded location and good soil led to Constantia rapidly becoming popular with the wealthy Capetonians and vineyard owners, leaving a legacy of the oldest and most beautiful Cape houses and estates. Within Constantia are a host of superb wine estates, great restaurants and excellent boutique shopping opportunities.
Kirstenbosch National Botanical Garden
The Kirstenbosch National Botanical Garden, with its hiking trails up Table Mountain, is close by, and the city center is just a few minutes' drive by car.
Map of Constantia
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Constantia
- Cape Town 8 miles away
- The Cape Peninsula 17 miles away
- Stellenbosch 26 miles away
- The Winelands 35 miles away
- Paarl 38 miles away
- Franschhoek 42 miles away
- The Whale Coast 54 miles away
- Hermanus 55 miles away
- De Kelders 66 miles away
- Langebaan 69 miles away
- The Overberg 86 miles away
- Paternoster 90 miles away
- Montagu 100 miles away
- The Cederberg Mountains 113 miles away
- Swellendam 116 miles away
- Sanbona Game Reserve 124 miles away
- De Hoop Nature Reserve 125 miles away
- Calitzdorp 191 miles away
- Oudtshoorn & Surrounds 220 miles away
- The Cango Caves & Swartberg Pass 223 miles away
- Wilderness 239 miles away
- The Klein Karoo 261 miles away
- Knysna 266 miles away
- Plettenberg Bay 284 miles away
Photos of Constantia
Accommodation choices for Constantia
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Constantia. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.
Ideas for experiencing Constantia
Our specialists seek out authentic ways to get to know the places that could feature in your trip. These activities reflect some of the experiences they've most enjoyed while visiting Constantia, and which use the best local guides.
Learn about the Winelands of South Africa and sample a variety of its wines as you visit the towns of Paarl, Stellenbosch and Franschhoek.View details