Visit Swellendam, South Africa
Swellendam lies in the Overberg region halfway between Cape Town and the Garden Route; it's an ideal and charming stop-over.
The town is surrounded by fertile, softly undulating farmland with the idyllic Breede River meandering through. In the background protectively towers the Langeberg Range.
Suggested itineraries featuring Swellendam
Our itineraries will give you suggestions for what is possible when you travel in Swellendam, and they showcase routes we know work particularly well. Treat them as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely by one of our specialists.
Map of Swellendam
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Swellendam
- Sanbona Game Reserve 20 miles away
- Montagu 25 miles away
- De Hoop Nature Reserve 29 miles away
- The Overberg 44 miles away
- De Kelders 73 miles away
- Hermanus 74 miles away
- The Whale Coast 75 miles away
- Franschhoek 77 miles away
- Calitzdorp 80 miles away
- The Winelands 85 miles away
- Paarl 88 miles away
- Stellenbosch 92 miles away
- Oudtshoorn & Surrounds 106 miles away
- The Cango Caves & Swartberg Pass 112 miles away
- Constantia 116 miles away
- Cape Town 117 miles away
- The Cape Peninsula 117 miles away
- Wilderness 123 miles away
- The Cederberg Mountains 131 miles away
- The Klein Karoo 147 miles away
- Knysna 150 miles away
- Langebaan 154 miles away
- Plettenberg Bay 168 miles away
- Paternoster 170 miles away
- Tsitsikamma Forest 189 miles away
- Port Elizabeth 295 miles away
Photos of Swellendam
Accommodation choices for Swellendam
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Swellendam. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.
Rothman Manor combines Dutch colonial elegance with modern comfort, enjoying a beautiful setting in convenient location between Cape Town and George.
Augusta de Mist is a lovely, peaceful retreat and an ideal stopover on your way to or from the Garden Route, or for exploring the Overberg region.