Amphawa is a small town in the province of Samut Songkran, two hours in a car southwest from Bangkok.
Samut Songkran has the delta of the Mae Klong river at its heart and thanks to this has always been a very fertile area, supplying fruit and vegetables to the rest of Thailand. In recent years, thanks in part to royal intervention, the area is focused on organic farming techniques.
Other attractions include possibly the best floating markets in Thailand and remote temples. Lush plantations and sleepy towns are typical of the area, which is only just starting to make a name for itself as a tourist destination.
A stay here combines perfectly with either Bangkok or Kanchanaburi, being just two hours from both by car. Amphawa is perfect for clients who wish to get under the skin of Thai culture without having to incorporate significant extra time into an itinerary.
Just one night here will add a different dimension to any itinerary in Thailand and you will see very few western faces during your time here!
Suggested itineraries featuring Amphawa
Our itineraries will give you suggestions for what is possible when you travel in Amphawa, and they showcase routes we know work particularly well. Treat them as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely by one of our specialists.
Map of Amphawa
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Amphawa
- Bangkok 71 kilometers away
- Kanchanaburi & The River Kwai 81 kilometers away
- Ayutthaya 121 kilometers away
- Koh Samet 189 kilometers away
- Khao Yai National Park 200 kilometers away
- Koh Munnork 213 kilometers away
- Phimai 339 kilometers away
- Koh Kood 346 kilometers away
- Phanom Rung 351 kilometers away
- Koh Tao 372 kilometers away
- Sukhothai 399 kilometers away
- Koh Phangan 414 kilometers away
- Koh Samui 437 kilometers away
- Khanom 468 kilometers away