Visit Koh Phangan, Thailand
North of Koh Samui, the small island of Koh Phangan was discovered by backpackers seeking inexpensive beachfront accommodation and a lively party scene.
The backpackers were drawn to the Full Moon Parties that still take place around the over-populated hub of Haad Rin.
The less visited north eastern shores of the island have managed to retain their character and charm, and the first few upmarket resorts have opened here. These make the most of the emerald waters and brilliant white sands as well as the wonderfully laid-back atmosphere, whilst ensuring a very private experience.
Map of Koh Phangan
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Koh Phangan
- Koh Samui 24 kilometers away
- Koh Tao 47 kilometers away
- Khanom 58 kilometers away
- Krabi 221 kilometers away
- Khao Lak 225 kilometers away
- Khao Sok National Park 233 kilometers away
- Koh Yao 237 kilometers away
- Koh Phi Phi Don 260 kilometers away
- Koh Lanta 265 kilometers away
- Phuket 272 kilometers away
- Koh Kood 352 kilometers away
- Koh Samet 353 kilometers away
- Koh Munnork 367 kilometers away
- Amphawa 414 kilometers away
- Bangkok 453 kilometers away
- Kanchanaburi & The River Kwai 482 kilometers away
Accommodation choices for Koh Phangan
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Koh Phangan. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.