Visit Koh Tao, Thailand
Koh Tao can literally be translated as Turtle Island, which relates to the shape of the island and not the wildlife in the surrounding seas.
While your chances of spotting a turtle may be slim the waters around Koh Tao are still reputed to offer some of the best diving and snorkeling sites in the Gulf of Thailand. Coral, manta ray, whale shark and gentle currents are all reasons why this island is so popular with divers, whether novice or experienced. The island itself is very beautiful and restrictions on tourism have meant that the island's development has remained limited.
Map of Koh Tao
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Koh Tao
- Koh Phangan 47 kilometers away
- Koh Samui 68 kilometers away
- Khanom 97 kilometers away
- Khao Lak 233 kilometers away
- Khao Sok National Park 246 kilometers away
- Krabi 248 kilometers away
- Koh Yao 259 kilometers away
- Koh Phi Phi Don 288 kilometers away
- Phuket 293 kilometers away
- Koh Lanta 297 kilometers away
- Koh Samet 326 kilometers away
- Koh Munnork 343 kilometers away
- Koh Kood 345 kilometers away
- Amphawa 372 kilometers away
- Bangkok 414 kilometers away
- Kanchanaburi & The River Kwai 439 kilometers away
- Ayutthaya 480 kilometers away
Photos of Koh Tao
Accommodation choices for Koh Tao
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Koh Tao. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.
Located on the island of Koh Tao, renowned for its stunning natural beauty and excellent diving, Haad Tien Beach Resort is a charming, boutique resort.