The small, palm fringed island of Koh Samet lies in the Gulf of Thailand and has sandy beaches to match any in the country.
It can be reached by car and speedboat in only two and a half hours from Bangkok and so has become a popular getaway for Thai and foreign travelers alike.
Most of the island is a national park while the southern part has forested hills that shelter small, beautiful beaches shared by just one or two small lodges or hotels. These are quiet and restful havens — and best of all — Koh Samet escapes the worst of the monsoon season so can be visited year round.
Suggested itineraries featuring Koh Samet
Our itineraries will give you suggestions for what is possible when you travel in Koh Samet, and they showcase routes we know work particularly well. Treat them as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely by one of our specialists.
Map of Koh Samet
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Koh Samet
- Koh Munnork 28 kilometers away
- Koh Kood 158 kilometers away
- Bangkok 167 kilometers away
- Amphawa 189 kilometers away
- Khao Yai National Park 204 kilometers away
- Ayutthaya 222 kilometers away
- Kanchanaburi & The River Kwai 265 kilometers away
- Phanom Rung 273 kilometers away
- Phimai 317 kilometers away
- Koh Tao 326 kilometers away
- Koh Phangan 353 kilometers away
- Koh Samui 375 kilometers away
- Khanom 410 kilometers away
- Phra Wihan 424 kilometers away
Photos of Koh Samet
Accommodation choices for Koh Samet
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Koh Samet. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.