Visit Napa Valley, California
The Napa Valley consists of the city of Napa and seven other smaller towns — Calistoga, St Helena, Rutherford, Oakville, Yountville, Lake Berryessa and American Canyon. Each has its own charm, abundance of wineries, restaurants and shops to enjoy.
The city of Napa itself has a rich history dating back to the 1800s. Calistoga is famous for its mineral rich, geothermal hot springs known for their relaxing effects and St Helena is home to some of the finest wineries, the arts, and culinary adventures. Rutherford and Oakville are both known best for their premier vineyard locations, whilst Yountville is famed for its world class restaurants and award-winning chefs, earning the unofficial title as 'Culinary Capital of the Napa Valley'.
Lake Berryessa is one of the largest bodies of freshwater in California and is a haven for fishermen, hikers, swimmers or visitors just wanting to soak up the breathtaking scenery, and American Canyon is the relatively new area, with up and coming restaurants and new hotels serving the Napa area, as well as offering a unique wetland preserve for the bird enthusiasts and some beautiful scenic walkways.
Map of Napa Valley
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Napa Valley
- Sonoma 15 kilometers away
- San Francisco 62 kilometers away
- Sacramento 77 kilometers away
- Mendocino 172 kilometers away
- Monterey 194 kilometers away
- Carmel 199 kilometers away
- Lake Tahoe 216 kilometers away
- Big Sur 232 kilometers away
- Yosemite National Park 245 kilometers away
- Eureka 320 kilometers away
- Trinidad 345 kilometers away
- Kings Canyon National Park 363 kilometers away
- Pismo Beach 383 kilometers away
- Sequoia National Park 388 kilometers away
- Crescent City 417 kilometers away
Photos of Napa Valley
Accommodation choices for Napa Valley
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Napa Valley. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.
Overlooking the Napa River, this comfortable hotel enjoys a great location for exploring both the town of Napa and the vineyards of the Napa Valley.
Set in the heart of Napa Valley wine country, this Marriott hotel offers a relaxing base from which to explore the vineyards and other delights of the area.