Pismo Beach lies in the heart of San Luis Obispo County. Its sandy beaches and relaxed atmosphere are what gives this wonderful bay its unique Californian charm.
The Pismo clam used to be regularly farmed here, giving the city the name "Clam Capitol of the World", however, because of over-farming the Pismo clam is now endangered. Its pier, renovated in the mid 1980s still juts out along acres of sandy shores, and is the perfect location for a romantic stroll in the sunset.
Map of Pismo Beach
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Pismo Beach
- Santa Barbara 118 kilometers away
- Big Sur 164 kilometers away
- Carmel 196 kilometers away
- Monterey 198 kilometers away
- Sequoia National Park 240 kilometers away
- Los Angeles 252 kilometers away
- Kings Canyon National Park 277 kilometers away
- Yosemite National Park 318 kilometers away
- San Francisco 334 kilometers away
- Death Valley National Park 356 kilometers away
- Napa Valley 383 kilometers away
- Sonoma 387 kilometers away
- Sacramento 391 kilometers away
- Palm Springs 406 kilometers away
- San Diego 420 kilometers away
- Lake Tahoe 444 kilometers away
Photos of Pismo Beach
Accommodation choices for Pismo Beach
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Pismo Beach. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.