Pismo Beach lies in the heart of San Luis Obispo County. Its sandy beaches and relaxed atmosphere are what gives this wonderful bay its unique Californian charm.
The Pismo clam used to be regularly farmed here, giving the city the name "Clam Capitol of the World", however, because of over-farming the Pismo clam is now endangered. Its pier, renovated in the mid 1980s still juts out along acres of sandy shores, and is the perfect location for a romantic stroll in the sunset.
Suggested itineraries featuring Pismo Beach
Our itineraries will give you suggestions for what is possible when you travel in Pismo Beach, and they showcase routes we know work particularly well. Treat them as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely by one of our specialists.
Map of Pismo Beach
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Pismo Beach
- Santa Barbara 74 miles away
- Big Sur 102 miles away
- Carmel 122 miles away
- Monterey 123 miles away
- Sequoia National Park 149 miles away
- Los Angeles 157 miles away
- Kings Canyon National Park 172 miles away
- Yosemite National Park 198 miles away
- San Francisco 208 miles away
- Death Valley National Park 221 miles away
- Napa Valley 238 miles away
- Sonoma 241 miles away
- Sacramento 243 miles away
- Palm Springs 252 miles away
- San Diego 261 miles away
- Lake Tahoe 276 miles away
Photos of Pismo Beach
Accommodation choices for Pismo Beach
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Pismo Beach. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.