Visit Front Royal, US
Located in Virginia's northwest corner, Front Royal is a pleasant little town with a core of Victorian buildings and a thriving farmers' market.
The town is perfectly located at the entrance to the beautiful Shenandoah National Park and the George Washington National Forest, making it an excellent base for walking and cycling.
The Skyline Drive, the part of the Blue Ridge Parkway that traverses Shenandoah National Park, begins in the town and offers access to the spectacular Luray Caverns. Here you can walk through chambers encrusted with clusters of stalactites and stalagmites. Perhaps the most intriguing feature is the Stalacpipe Organ which took 36 years to perfect and plays the musical scale in tune.
Map of Front Royal
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Front Royal
- Washington D.C. 101 kilometers away
- Charlottesville 102 kilometers away
- Gettysburg 132 kilometers away
- Baltimore 142 kilometers away
- Virginia 144 kilometers away
- Annapolis 148 kilometers away
- Richmond 168 kilometers away
- St. Michaels 172 kilometers away
- Lancaster 205 kilometers away
- Williamsburg 225 kilometers away
- Roanoke 239 kilometers away
- Philadelphia 285 kilometers away
- Virginia Beach 301 kilometers away
- Raleigh 353 kilometers away
- Winston-Salem 362 kilometers away
- New York 413 kilometers away
- Ithaca 418 kilometers away
- Buffalo 446 kilometers away
- Niagara Falls 470 kilometers away
- Charlotte 474 kilometers away
- Rochester 475 kilometers away
Accommodation choices for Front Royal
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Front Royal. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.
Surrounded by Front Royal's mountain range, the Holiday Inn & Suites hotel is ideally located for those looking to enjoy the many outdoor pursuits in the area.