Europe tour ideas
You might be planning a whirlwind tour of ancient capitals, a food-and-wine-themed route across the Mediterranean or looking to explore the art and architecture of the Renaissance. Whatever your interests, our Europe specialists will put together a tailor-made itinerary to help you make the most of your time.
These suggested tours aim to give you a basic starting point and show you what’s possible. But, when it comes to planning your trip, we’ll create a personal itinerary based on your interests and time frame. From Roman ruins to Russian palaces and Spanish vineyards to Icelandic hot springs, our Europe specialists can help introduce you to landmark places to visit in Europe as well as little-known attractions along the way.
Speak to someone
who's been there
- 01993 838 900
- Make an enquiry
Ideas for your trip to Europe
These itineraries are designed to give you some suggestions for what is possible when you travel in Europe, and they showcase some of the routes that we've found work particularly well. Treat them simply as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely for you by one of our specialists based on your particular tastes and interests.
Unfortunately no tours matched your search criteria.
- Both beginners and experienced golfers will enjoy the Victoria Golf course.
- Only ten minutes away from the Purobeach Vilamoura, for laid back relaxation.
- The Emo wine boutique allows guests to learn more about Portuguese wines with a top sommelier.
- Join the Spice spoons cookery course for a journey into Portuguese cuisine.
- The resort overlooks the sacred island of Delos, the birthplace of Apollo in Greek mythology.
- Situated just 4.5 km from Mykonos town for a variety of shops, restaurants and bars.
- Open air dining experience with panoramic sea views at the Dolphins of Delos restaurant.
- The hotel has a gorgeous salt water swimming pool with views out to the ocean and Delos.
See the many treasures of the Hermitage, one of the world's best art galleries.
Visit the Peter and Paul Fortress, the city's first permanent building.
See the Catherine Palace and marvel at the phenomenal wealth of the Tsars.
Explore the beautiful canals and grand buildings of one of the world's prettiest cities.
- Just ten minutes away from the charming, historic city of Chania.
- Experience more of Crete with a guided tour along the 18 km Samaria Gorge.
- Creative flair at the Enino Gastronomy Restaurant marries flavours from Crete and the Mediterranean.
- Hotel style inspired by natural materials and earth tones, for a sense of tranquillity.
- Every room and suite has a beautiful balcony looking out to the gardens or ocean.
- Unique architecture with domed ceilings and exotic interior detailing.
- Stay in ultimate luxury with the Haute Living villas and upgrade your relaxation with bespoke packages.
- Excellent choice of dining with four restaurants onsite and the nearby town of Elounda just two miles away.
- Ideal property for honeymooners with options to include couples massages and a romantic candlelit dinner.
- Nested under umbrella pines in 17 acres of estate, this hotel feels at one with nature.
- Bio-pool suites each have private deck access into the biological pool.
- Organic garden provides over 300 varieties of produce to the exclusive, outdoor Circle restaurant.
- The hotel is built from sustainable natural materials with a sensitivity to the local environment.
- Comporta has 60 km of white sand beaches within close proximity to the hotel.
- The resort is set in 53 acres of manicured gardens overlooking a wide sandy beach.
- The Ocean restaurant, serving signature dishes, has two Michelin stars.
- 10 restaurants and 9 bars offer plenty of variety for each night.
- Dedicated Spa by Sisely Paris, offering massage, hammam and sauna.
- Drawing on Grecian influence the Ocean Restaurant serves modern dishes, complimented by an extensive wine list.
- Rooms and villas set into the cliffside, many with impressive views over the ocean.
- Indulge in a relaxing thermal water treatment at the Goco spa.
- The hotel offers an off road experience with a Land Rover, allowing you to discover Crete.
- The hotel has teamed up with world renowned Saatchi Gallery to display outstanding international artwork.
- Traditional Catalan cuisine cooked by top chef Lluís Ferrés, served at the open air Terrace restaurant.
- Large outdoor pool and terrace affords marvellous views across Aiguablava bay.
- Several rooms have direct access onto the beach.
- Small family-run hotel atmosphere with renowned hospitality and a personal touch.
UK and Ireland
Explore the Antrim Coast, including the Giant’s Causeway.
Walk the footsteps of Jon Snow as you visit Game of Thrones filming sites.
Try your hand at archery and axe throwing with a private instructor.
Hike along the Slieve League cliffs and through Glenveagh National Park in Donegal.
- Eight different pools offer a variety of vistas, thermal waters and Jacuzzis.
- La Veranda Restaurant offers traditional Mediterranean flavours and tables overlooking the ocean.
- The hotel offers full day boat tours to nearby islands such as Capri and Ischia.
- The resort stands 108 metres above sea level with gorgeous views over the Bay of Naples.
- Historical 15th century watch tower restored to a serene modern hotel.
- A huge outdoor salt water pool is the main feature at Masseria San Domenico.
- The spa offers thalassotherapy, to unlock the health benefits of seawater.
- The hotel offers an extensive program of sporting activities from aqua gym to cycling and yoga.
- The historical restaurant building dates back to the 18th century and serves freshly caught fish.
- Situated on a historic olive grove with olives still farmed today.
- It has access to two private beach clubs with excellent lounge facilities and restaurants.
- Organic produce grown on site is served in all of the hotel's four restaurants.
- The property offers tours to local villages of Ostuni and Locorotondo in vintage cars.
- The hotel's sommelier, Paolo, will take guests through the range of Italian wines in a private tasting.
Take a food tour of Edinburgh's New Town with a food writer.
Explore Rothiemurchus Estate in the Cairngorms with a countryside ranger, ending with a champagne picnic.
Go horseback riding through the largest swathe of Scots Caledonian pine forest left in Europe.
Enjoy a whisky and folklore tour in the heart of Edinburgh.
Take a distillery tour and tasting paired with locally made artisan chocolates.
Enjoy the freedom of your own car on this self-drive trip. Audley can arrange a rental vehicle for you if you require one.
Spend a day with a guide at Gold and Sword beaches, the British D-Day landing sites.
Taste locally made Calvados at an immersive, interactive experience.
Visit the abbey-topped island village of Mont Saint-Michel, which dates back to the 8th century.
- Due Camini restaurant offers traditional Apulian dishes with a fine dining flair.
- Located in the rolling hills of the Itria Valley, Borgo Egnazia feels like a traditional Puglian village.
- Guests can access the hotels two private beaches during their stay. Play a round of golf at the scenic San Domenico Golf Course.
- The magnificent luxury villas offer the ultimate escape with private swimming pools.
Soak up the history of ancient Athens and the modern Acropolis Museum on a private tour.
Kayak to a deserted beach for a swim and snorkel.
Visit the pretty, traffic-free island of Hydra.
Explore the ancient ruins and beehive tombs at Mycenae archaeological site.
Enjoy the freedom of a rental car to explore the Peloponnese.
Discover the original relics from Pompeii on a privately guided tour of Naples Archaeological Museum.
Hike the panoramic trails of Ischia and enjoy lunch at a traditional agritourismo.
Explore the cosmopolitan city of Naples on a guided walking tour.
Relax at Ischia’s thermal baths and beaches.
- Traditional Puglian style, surrounded by ancient olive groves.
- Guests have access to an exclusive nine hole golf course.
- Stunning rooftop bar with views out to the blue waters of the Adriatic.
- Private beach club available only to guests is a prime spot for relaxation.
- Central Fasano town can be reached in just ten minutes by car.
Journey to northern Spain by ferry in the comfort of your car.
Spend time in the Spanish wine region of La Rioja.
Explore the Guggenheim Museum in Bilbao.
Stroll the streets of San Sebastián on a food tasting tour.
Explore the largest city in the Azores, Ponta Delgada, on a private walking tour.
Visit the twin lakes of Sete Cidades by bicycle and 4x4.
Embark on a whale- and dolphin-watching tour outside Ponta Delgada.
Hear traditional Portuguese fado music at a special dinner in Lisbon.
Discover the history of Lisbon on a private walking tour.
Tour the vibrant and eclectic palaces of Sintra.
Sample Swiss wine on the shores of Lake Geneva.
Watch as the setting sun paints the familiar Matterhorn shades of pink and gold.
Visit the longest glacier in Europe.
Marvel at the power of Geneva’s Jet d’Eau.
Spend time in Switzerland’s most indulgent mountain resorts.