Cruise Ships in Alaska : MS Amsterdam
The third Holland America Line vessel to bear the name Amsterdam, this elegant, mid-sized ship features a three-story atrium graced by a stunning astrolabe. While on board, thrill to the exclusive BBC Earth Experiences presentations and activities. Rejuvenate at the Greenhouse Spa & Salon, work out in the Fitness centre and savour in the delectable array of specialty restaurants.
The MS Amsterdam offers its 1,380 guests a unique ship-board atmosphere. At the heart of the ship, in a soaring three-storey atrium, is the stunning Planeto Astrolabium, a commissioned sculpture that tracks the constellations, planets, world time and ship time. Dutch heritage and tradition are clearly displayed throughout the ship in original Art Deco pieces that once graced the Nieuw Amsterdam of 1938. The MS Amsterdam features spacious public rooms as well as large and tastefully decorated staterooms, many of which have private verandas. The ship boasts the La Fontaine Dining Room, Pinnacle Grill, Lido Restaurant and the Queen's Show Lounge. The facilities and entertainment options on board include but not limited to; a theatre with Las Vegas-style shows, live music and dancing, a casino, library, pool and spa. Along with plenty of outdoor decks that are ideal for scenery and wildlife viewing.
There are five cabin types to choose from, all fitted with two single beds which can be converted into one queen size bed in the lower room categories and a king size in the Neptune and Pinnacle suites. The comfortable sized rooms all have a lounge area, private bathroom and ample wardrobe space. Vista, Neptune and Pinnacle suits are all equipped with baths, coffee makers and a mini fridge. Mini fridges can be requested for the other cabins at a daily rate. Amenities across the cabins include hairdryer, TV with DVD player and a safe. Wi-Fi is available throughout the ship however the signal strength may vary within cabins depending on location.
- The Dining Room — sophisticated dining — open for breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Lido Market — international — open for breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Pinnacle Grill — American — open for lunch and dinner
- Canaletto — Italian — open for dinner
- Dive-In — Casual poolside — open for lunch and dinner
- Explorations Café — coffee house — open for breakfast and lunch
- 24 Hour In-Room Dining — available around the clock for your convenience
- Alaskan Inside Passage — 7 night round trip from Vancouver
- Glacier Discovery — 7 night trip from Vancouver to Seward Great
- Alaskan Explorer — 14 night round trip from Vanouver
- BBC Earth Experiences
- Digital workshop
- 2 Outdoor Swimming Pools
- Spa and Salon
- Fitness Centre
- Suite Lounge
- Duty-free Shops
- Library/Internet Café
- On-board Wi-Fi
- Sports Court