Visit Crescent City, USA
Crescent City, California
Nestled around a curving stretch of sand in northern California, the little town of Crescent City is home to a bustling harbour and surrounded by ancient redwood forests.
Heavy logging by early settlers in the 1800s meant that the seemingly inexhaustible local lumber supply was reduced to a fraction of its size within a century.
By the early 1900s it was apparent that the future of the old-growth redwood forest was in doubt, but thanks to the visionary actions of Save the Redwoods League, the forests received much needed protection.
Jedediah Smith Redwoods State Park, Del Norte Coast Redwoods State Park, and Prairie Creek Redwoods State Park were created in the 1920s to protect some of the finest remaining examples of coast redwoods and are stunning places to visit today.
Map of Crescent City
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Crescent City
- Trinidad 78 kilometers away
- Eureka 108 kilometers away
- Crater Lake National Park 214 kilometers away
- Mendocino 275 kilometers away
- Newport, Oregon 321 kilometers away
- Bend (Sisters) 355 kilometers away
- Oregon 371 kilometers away
- Sonoma 414 kilometers away
- Napa Valley 417 kilometers away
- Sacramento 422 kilometers away
- Portland 437 kilometers away
- Cannon Beach 461 kilometers away
- Lake Tahoe 461 kilometers away
- San Francisco 469 kilometers away