Cruise Ships in India : Sukapha
The 38 metre long Sukapha provides a friendly, intimate atmosphere, with space for just 24 guests. The small group size means that you can really make the most of the shore excursions available.
Speak to someone
who's been there
- 01993 838 330
- Make an enquiry
A comfortable but simple vessel, life aboard the Sukapha is all about relaxation and the chance to see some of India’s rural villages, colourful towns and fascinating wildlife on your journey along the river. The Sukapha plies the waters of the Hugli and Ganges Rivers. The Hugli carries you through the heart of colonial India, meandering past Dutch and French settlements whilst the Ganges is India's most spiritual river and takes you to remote sites that are inaccessible by road.
The spacious upper deck complete with bar provides an excellent vantage point from which to spot exotic birdlife and admire the picturesque landscapes as you glide along the water, while the small spa allows you to truly relax. The best memories are made away from the boat, however, and a variety of guided excursions will take you ashore, allowing you to get an authentic taste of India.
The 12 twin bed cabins are all located on the top deck for optimum views across the river. Each cabin is air conditioned and features an en suite and large picture windows.
- Dining room with large glass doors, serving a mixture of continental and Assamese cuisine (milder than most Indian cuisine)
- Open-air bar
- Complimentary tea, coffee and mineral water
- Wines, beers and spirits available — payable at the end of your stay
- Ganges and Hugli Rivers — 4 to 15-night cruises on various routes.
Our specialists suggest:
Our 12-day "Cruising in West Bengal" itinerary, from £4,970pp.
- Local song and dance performances
- Sun deck with rattan chairs and loungers
- Small spa
- Spacious saloon opening out onto deck
- Experienced guide and naturalist