Cruise Ships in Myanmar (Burma) : Strand Cruise
The Strand has been a name synonymous with superb service and a landmark hotel in Yangon since 1901. The Strand Cruise mirrors the style of the hotel, one of refined elegance and understated luxury.
Speak to someone
who's been there
- 01993 838 105
- Make an enquiry
Launched in late 2015, this boutique river cruiser combines the latest technology with heritage. Traditional Burmese antiques throughout the ship stand out, whilst the latest air-conditioning, Wi-Fi and modern amenities ensure that it is one of the most comfortable boats in the region.
The 27 cabin ship, uniquely, has a number of private moorings along the Ayeyarwady, allowing for a number of exclusive experiences including visiting the temples of Ava after the crowds have departed. Whilst each of the cabins are beautifully appointed and the perfect spot to relax, the layout of the ships promotes a convivial feel, with comfortable and spacious public areas perfect for socialising.
The Strand Cruise boat has 27 cabins of four different types; Deluxe, Strand, State suite and Strand suite. Deluxe cabins are the entry level rooms with ample space, a comfortable king size bed and floor to ceiling windows. Strand rooms are larger with a separate living area and the suites are the largest offering the most luxurious options on board.
- The restaurant serves up the finest quality local and Western cuisine using hand-picked ingredients. It benefits from panoramic windows affording pleasant views out over the Ayeyarwady.
- The menu varies from day to day and if weather permits meals can also be enjoyed on the top deck. Barbecue nights also take place on the top deck.
- The cruise has one of the river's most extensive wine selections housed in the on-board wine cellar.
- Ayeyarwady River: Mandalay to Bagan – 3 night cruise
- Ayeyarwady River: Bagan to Mandalay – 4 night cruise
- Day beds in larger suites can be adapted to cater for families with small children.
- Full day by day guided touring is offered throughout the voyage, as well as other activities such as cooking classes, historical lectures and evening shows.
- Aside from the restaurant and bar the boat also boasts a large swimming pool and spa.