Visit Ifaty, Madagascar
Ifaty is a small Vezo fishing village on Madagascar's south eastern coast, on the shores of the Mozambique Channel.
There are several good hotels along the beach, and while tourism has touched the town, most Vezo live a traditional lifestyle. The beaches are lined with canoes made from hollowed out tree trunks and houses are made from reeds.
Passing through Ifaty in the early morning you'll see hands being warmed over cooking fires, later on people shelter under trees from the heat of the day.
Map of Ifaty
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Ifaty
- Central & Southern Madagascar less than 5 miles away
- Anakao 22 miles away
- Isalo National Park 119 miles away
- Eastern Madagascar 124 miles away
- Ifotaka Community Forest 184 miles away
- The Southern Tip of Madagascar 184 miles away
- The Remote West of Madagascar 195 miles away
- Berenty Reserve 202 miles away
- Andohahela National Park 215 miles away
- Ambalavao 234 miles away
- Fort Dauphin 239 miles away
- Manafiafy 244 miles away
- Ranomafana National Park 281 miles away
Photos of Ifaty
Accommodation choices for Ifaty
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Ifaty. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.
This is a very good hotel, one of the most luxurious in the area. The water can go a long way out at low tide, but the pool more than makes up for this.