Ifaty is a small Vezo fishing village on Madagascar's south eastern coast, on the shores of the Mozambique Channel.
There are several good hotels along the beach, and while tourism has touched the town, most Vezo live a traditional lifestyle. The beaches are lined with canoes made from hollowed out tree trunks and houses are made from reeds.
Passing through Ifaty in the early morning you'll see hands being warmed over cooking fires, later on people shelter under trees from the heat of the day.
Map of Ifaty
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Ifaty
- Central & Southern Madagascar less than 5 kilometers away
- Anakao 35 kilometers away
- Isalo National Park 191 kilometers away
- Eastern Madagascar 199 kilometers away
- Ifotaka Community Forest 296 kilometers away
- The Southern Tip of Madagascar 296 kilometers away
- The Remote West of Madagascar 313 kilometers away
- Berenty Reserve 325 kilometers away
- Andohahela National Park 345 kilometers away
- Ambalavao 376 kilometers away
- Fort Dauphin 385 kilometers away
- Manafiafy 392 kilometers away
- Ranomafana National Park 452 kilometers away
Photos of Ifaty
Accommodation choices for Ifaty
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Ifaty. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.
This is a very good hotel, one of the most luxurious in the area. The water can go a long way out at low tide, but the pool more than makes up for this.