Ranomafana National Park is part of the lush chain of rainforest that runs down Madagascar’s east coast.
Wildlife of Ranomafana National Park
The steep hills are covered in thick vegetation, occasionally broken by waterfalls and mountain streams. The park’s star attraction is the golden bamboo lemur, often found grazing among the bamboo thickets. Eleven other species of lemur include diademed sifakas that leap through the canopy during the day and brown mouse lemurs who race up and down tree trunks by night.
Heading deep into the park, you may hear the calls of cuckoo rollers, catch a glimpse of a leaf-tailed gecko or stumble across the graves of the Tanala, ‘the people of the forest’. It is well worth spending a few days hiking around this enchanting park.
Map of Ranomafana National Park
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Ranomafana National Park
- Ambalavao 52 miles away
- Antsirabe 99 miles away
- The islands & beaches of Madagascar 144 miles away
- Eastern Madagascar 158 miles away
- Antananarivo 162 miles away
- Isalo National Park 163 miles away
- Andasibe National Park (Perinet) 173 miles away
- Mantadia National Park 174 miles away
- The Pangalanes Canal 219 miles away
- The Remote West of Madagascar 220 miles away
- Andohahela National Park 243 miles away
- Manafiafy 245 miles away
- The Southern Tip of Madagascar 252 miles away
- Ifotaka Community Forest 261 miles away
- Fort Dauphin 263 miles away
- Berenty Reserve 270 miles away
- Ifaty 281 miles away
- Central & Southern Madagascar 282 miles away
- Anakao 294 miles away
Photos of Ranomafana National Park
Accommodation choices for Ranomafana National Park
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Ranomafana National Park. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.