Cruise Ships in Myanmar : Anawrahta
The Anawrahta provides a fine cruising experience as you venture along the magnificent Ayeyarwady River and lesser visited Chindwin River, with a high crew to passenger ratio and exceptionally spacious cabins. The vessel’s colonial style is modeled on a British Empire paddle steamer, giving your journey an air of authenticity.
Speak to someone
who's been there
- Make an inquiry
The Anawrahta is named after the founder of Myanmar, King Anawrahta. The vessel’s peaceful atmosphere reflects the Theravada Buddhism he helped spread throughout the region.
Decorated with local handicrafts, intricate woodwork and rich fabrics, the boat transports you back to a bygone era as you enjoy one of the most fascinating and scenic river journeys in Asia.
Sailing along, you’ll pass a variety of other boats, such as the barges that carry teak, a local timber. If you’re lucky, you’ll also encounter Ayeyarwady dolphins slicing in and out of the water. Fishing and farming communities populate the banks, living in stilted houses that overhang the water, and villagers will often greet you with a wave.
There is space for up to 46 guests on board, who can truly make themselves at home both in their sumptuous private cabins and in the welcoming communal areas.
The Anawrahta features 23 rooms and suites, including 16 Deluxe rooms, three Junior suites, two Executive suites and two Royal suites. Offering at least 32 square meters of living space, the cabins all have en suite bathrooms and a private balcony or terrace for superb views along the river. The Royal Suites also boast a private Jacuzzi.
- Kipling’s Bar, serving wines, fresh cocktails and other beverages on the terrace deck
- Hintha Hall Restaurant, serving fresh Burmese dishes with excellent views through large picture windows
- Ayeyarwady River — 4 nights between Bagan and Mandalay.
- Ayeyarwady River — 7 nights between Bagan and Yangon and vice versa.
- Chindwin River — 11 nights from Mandalay to Homalin returning to Bagan.
- Upper Ayeyarwady — 11 nights from Mandalay to Bhamo returning to Bagan.
- Open air yoga and Tai Chi classes
- Mandalay Lounge
- Thaizin Spa with steam bath and massage treatments