The RV Orient Pandaw is a charming boat, built in a traditional colonial style, with finishing touches such as old prints, maps and oil paintings on the walls creating an authentic atmosphere on board. The vessel’s shallow draft means it can access more remote areas along the river that can’t be reached by some other craft in the region.
who's been there
- Make an inquiry
The RV Orient is one of the larger boats that make up the Pandaw fleet. Its main cruising area is between Bagan and Mandalay, although it also occasionally ventures down to the bustling city of Yangon. Highlights of the cruise include a visit to the Bagan archaeological site, Mingun Pagoda, U-Bein Bridge and Mandalay Hill, all of which are brought to life by your informative guide.
Spend time between excursions up on the sun deck, where you can sit back with a book and a drink as you enjoy the warmth of the day, with a 24-hour bar and a well-stocked library both close by.
There are 30 cabins, accommodating up to 60 passengers — 20 on the upper deck and ten on the main deck. All are air conditioned and have an en suite shower room with hot water, traditional teak ship cots and panoramic French doors that open out to private deck space.
- Air conditioned dining room on main deck, where you can enjoy semi-buffet breakfasts and lunches along with seated themed dinners specializing in Asian and European cuisine, with an emphasis on local seafood
- Lively saloon bar with nightly entertainment
- Sun deck bar
- 24-hour bar
- Complimentary evening canapés
- Complimentary tea, coffee, soft drinks and local beer and spirits
- Ayeyarwady River — 1, 2, 7 and 8 nights between Bagan and Mandalay.
- Ayeyarwady River — 10 nights between Yangon and Bagan.
- Ayeyarwady River — 11 nights between Mandalay and Bago.
- Ayeyarwady River — Occasional cruises to Yangon.