Hotel Belvedere Grindelwald
At the foot of the mighty Eiger, the century-old Hotel Belvedere Grindelwald offers modern comfort in a convenient location with mountain views. The clean lines and calming hues of the lobby, restaurant and lounge invite relaxation in this contemporary hotel, which has a long history of family-run hospitality.
The 56 rooms and suites are spacious and open, with recessed lighting, wood floors and bright accents on neutral tones. All rooms have balconies and views of the mountains wherever you look. Families are made very welcome here, with numerous amenities for children, and pets are also allowed in all rooms.
The hotel has a restaurant and bar, offering breakfast and fine dining seven days a week in sleek surroundings. The fondue restaurant, Spycher, by contrast, offers traditional Swiss dishes in a more rustic chalet atmosphere, with wooden beams, plaster walls and red-checked tablecloths.
The spa and wellness facilities include a heated indoor pool, an outdoor saltwater Jacuzzi, sauna and steam bath and the heat mine gallery, a family-friendly warm relaxation room.
The central location in Grindelwald gives you easy access to the local sights, such as Jungfraujoch, the various winter sports areas and many sites for hiking at all times of year.
Speak to someone
who's been there
Start planning your tailor-made trip by contacting one of our Switzerland specialists
- Make an inquiry
All rooms have either modern or rustic decor, with parquet floors, stone accents and ceilings that call to mind the half-timbered style of the region. Each room features a large balcony with views of either the Wetterhorn or Grindelwald Valley and the Eiger.
Standard Double rooms are the most basic, and increase in size through the Classic, Deluxe and Executive versions. The latter gives you a panorama view through its floor-to-ceiling window.
The suites and family rooms include separate living areas and two bathrooms, and can sleep between five to nine people.
The special Snoring Rooms are two-bedroom suites that include a living room between the bedrooms.
Air conditioning, Wi-Fi, a shower or bath, and coffee- and tea-making facilities all come as standard
The Hotel Belvedere Grindelwald is located just outside the middle of the small resort town, but still within walking distance of the train station, restaurants and shops. Its slightly-on-the-outskirts location makes the hotel a quiet retreat.
Food and drink
- Restaurant Belvedere offers a buffet breakfast daily.
- The fine-dining restaurant also serves dinner with local ingredients, including classic Swiss dishes with a Mediterranean influence.
- Dietary restrictions can be catered to with advance notice.
- The Spycher fondue restaurant is open Monday through Thursday, serving fondue, raclette and other traditional dishes in a rustic environment.
- The bar is open in the afternoon and evening, and the living room is always open for lounging.
- The terrace is open for dinner in warmer months.
- Family rooms available — the largest sleeps up to nine. Cribs and baby intercoms available.
- Large games room with table tennis, table football, billiards, Nintendo Wii and a play corner for small children.
- Board games and party games.
- Children’s menu, high chairs and child-friendly eating times in the restaurant.
Facilities and activities
- Spa and wellness area
- Finnish sauna
- Glacier steam room
- Outdoor saltwater Jacuzzi
- Large indoor heated swimming pool
- Massage and beauty treatments
We like this hotel’s location just on the outskirts of Grindelwald — close to the mountain action but also quiet. The family-run atmosphere makes a stay here comfortable and pleasant.