Diani Beach is the most popular and the most sophisticated beach south of Mombasa.
There are many hotels, shops and services; the beach itself is a long stretch of white sand fringed by palms and other indigenous bush.
Although there are many hotels on Diani Beach, most of them are low-rise and are set in quite large properties with gardens and trees. There are also many private homes along the Diani beachfront. Therefore, although this is a popular and busy tourist spot, you do not feel overwhelmed by hotels and people.
There is still a nice sense of nature, most of the hotels have a laid-back, relaxed atmosphere, and in certain places you can still walk along the beach where there will not be throngs of people.
Suggested itineraries featuring Diani Beach
Our itineraries will give you suggestions for what is possible when you travel in Diani Beach, and they showcase routes we know work particularly well. Treat them as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely by one of our specialists.
Map of Diani Beach
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Diani Beach
- Funzi Island 29 kilometers away
- Mombasa 35 kilometers away
- Kenya's Coastline 89 kilometers away
- Watamu 122 kilometers away
- Tsavo East National Park 192 kilometers away
- The Parks & Reserves of Southern Kenya 201 kilometers away
- Tsavo West National Park 207 kilometers away
- The Tana Delta 216 kilometers away
- Lamu Archipelago 273 kilometers away
- The Chyulu Hills 276 kilometers away
- Amboseli National Park 331 kilometers away
- Shompole Magadi 456 kilometers away
- Nairobi 458 kilometers away
Photos of Diani Beach
Accommodation choices for Diani Beach
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Diani Beach. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.