Catlins Farmstay B&B is a working farm with 2,800 sheep, 500 deer and 150 cattle. Located close to Curio Bay, the farm is in a perfect position from which to explore the beautiful Catlins area with its fossil forests, dolphins, penguins and great walks. Your hosts, Murray and June Stratford, delight in sharing their home with guests, and are more than happy to take you on a tour of the farm, or assist you in exploring further afield.
There are three superior quality guest rooms, keeping the property small and characterful. A home-cooked breakfast is included, and there are a couple of local cafés that provide evening meals.
Speak to someone
who's been there
- Make an inquiry
Photos of Catlins Farmstay
Location & places nearby
Places & hotels on the map
Alternative places to stay nearby
Where possible, we like to offer a range of accommodation for each stop of your trip, chosen by our specialists as some of their favorite places to stay. To help you make the right choice, we give each property a rating based on its facilities and service, but we also look for hotels with distinct character or a location that can’t be bettered.
The Catlins and nearby places
- Stewart & Ulva Islands 105 kilometers away
- Dunedin 131 kilometers away
- The Otago Peninsula 142 kilometers away
- Te Anau & Manapouri 172 kilometers away
- Queenstown 178 kilometers away
- Arrowtown 186 kilometers away
- Glenorchy 203 kilometers away
- Doubtful Sound 211 kilometers away
- Lake Wanaka 211 kilometers away
- Milford Sound 235 kilometers away