Visit Passikudah, Sri Lanka
Passikudah is a small coastal village situated in the east of Sri Lanka about 35 kilometers from Batticaloa.
It is famous for its golden bay and clear, shallow waters in which you can wade 50 meters out to sea. The bay of Passikudah is truly scenic and is protected by a reef that runs across the bay making it one of the safest and calmest stretches of coastline in the east. The reef is home to some lovely coral formations and schools of reef fish can be seen while snorkeling.
Suggested itineraries featuring Passikudah
This sample itinerary will give you an idea of what is possible when you travel in Passikudah, and showcases routes we know work particularly well. Treat this as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely by one of our specialists.
Map of Passikudah
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Passikudah
- Polonnaruwa 62 kilometers away
- Minneriya National Park 78 kilometers away
- Trincomalee 81 kilometers away
- Sigiriya 89 kilometers away
- Dambulla 100 kilometers away
- The Cultural Triangle 110 kilometers away
- Pallepolla 112 kilometers away
- Kandy 125 kilometers away
- Anuradhapura 137 kilometers away
- Bandarawela 138 kilometers away
- Nuwara Eliya 139 kilometers away
- Horton Plains 151 kilometers away
- Yala National Park 152 kilometers away
- Hatton 157 kilometers away
- Adam's Peak 171 kilometers away
- Uda Walawe National Park 175 kilometers away
- Negombo 207 kilometers away
- Sinharaja Biosphere 210 kilometers away
- Colombo 220 kilometers away
- Tangalle 228 kilometers away
- Wadduwa 228 kilometers away
- Bentota 241 kilometers away
- The Southern Coast 247 kilometers away
- Galle 258 kilometers away
- Jaffna 260 kilometers away
Photos of Passikudah
Accommodation choices for Passikudah
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Passikudah. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.
Uga Bay is a modern looking property, situated on a beautiful stretch of beach on the Passikuda coastline.
The simple eco-friendly architecture of this hotel is inspired by the wooden clad dwellings of a typical Fisherman's hut, a unique touch among the other Passikudah hotels.