Visit Udon Thani, Thailand
Udon Thani grew rapidly during the Vietnam War and is now the gateway to northern Isaan.
The city is now a bustling provincial town and has the reputation for being one of Thailand's cleanest.
As the main hub for transportation and business in the region, it can be difficult to find clues of Udon's past behind the frenetic appearance. However, one of its major attractions is the UNESCO World Heritage Site at Ban Chiang.
The Nong Prajak reservoir is a popular spot with the locals and there is plenty of good food available in Udon, especially local Isaan fare.
Map of Udon Thani
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Udon Thani
- Isaan 20 kilometers away
- Nong Khai 51 kilometers away
- Loei Province 116 kilometers away
- Nakhon Phanom 196 kilometers away
- Phimai 248 kilometers away
- Nan 262 kilometers away
- Sukhothai 321 kilometers away
- Phanom Rung 344 kilometers away
- Khao Yai National Park 366 kilometers away
- Khong Jiam 378 kilometers away
- Phra Wihan 390 kilometers away
- Chiang Rai 418 kilometers away
- Ayutthaya 419 kilometers away
- Chiang Mai 429 kilometers away
- The Golden Triangle 448 kilometers away
- Fang 470 kilometers away
- Bangkok 477 kilometers away
Accommodation choices for Udon Thani
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Udon Thani. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.
Green Gecko is situated approximately 40 minutes from Udon Thani, the gateway to northern Isaan, in a region of Thailand where very few tourists ever venture.