Visit Udon Thani, Thailand
Udon Thani grew rapidly during the Vietnam War and is now the gateway to northern Isaan.
The city is now a bustling provincial town and has the reputation for being one of Thailand's cleanest.
As the main hub for transportation and business in the region, it can be difficult to find clues of Udon's past behind the frenetic appearance. However, one of its major attractions is the UNESCO World Heritage Site at Ban Chiang.
The Nong Prajak reservoir is a popular spot with the locals and there is plenty of good food available in Udon, especially local Isaan fare.
Speak to someone
who's been there
- Make an inquiry
Map of Udon Thani
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Udon Thani
- Isaan 22 kilometers away
- Nong Khai 53 kilometers away
- Loei Province 115 kilometers away
- Nakhon Phanom 197 kilometers away
- Phimai 246 kilometers away
- Nan 262 kilometers away
- Sukhothai 319 kilometers away
- Phanom Rung 321 kilometers away
- Khao Yai National Park 363 kilometers away
- Khong Jiam 378 kilometers away
- Phra Wihan 399 kilometers away
- Ayutthaya 415 kilometers away
- Chiang Rai 418 kilometers away
- Chiang Mai 432 kilometers away
- The Golden Triangle 449 kilometers away
- Fang 470 kilometers away
- Bangkok 475 kilometers away
Accommodation choices for Udon Thani
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Udon Thani. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.
Green GeckoUdon Thani