Visit Gulbarga, India
The founding capital of the Bahmani dynasty, Gulbarga remains a predominantly Muslim town but many of its once magnificent buildings are now in ruins.
The exceptions, which are worth visiting, are the marble tomb complex of Dargah, always busy with Muslim pilgrims who come to leave offerings for the saint Bandah Nawaz who was spiritual mentor to the Bahmani rulers.
On the other side of the town is a deserted fort whose 14th century mosque is said to have been modelled on the Spanish mosque of Cordoba.
Map of Gulbarga
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Gulbarga
- Bijapur 132 kilometers away
- Hyderabad 176 kilometers away
- Badami 201 kilometers away
- Hampi 226 kilometers away
- Hospet 235 kilometers away
- Aurangabad 325 kilometers away
- Goa 372 kilometers away
- Gokarna 411 kilometers away
- Tadoba National Park 425 kilometers away
- Mumbai (Bombay) 461 kilometers away
- Belur & Halebid 471 kilometers away