Visit Munduk, Indonesia
After the Dutch took control of north Bali in the 1890's Munduk was established as a hill station and plantations of cocoa, coffee, vanilla and cloves were established.
The area grew as a popular retreat due to the cooler climate and even today you can still see a small number of Dutch buildings remaining in the area.
There are still plenty of plantations as well as the ever present rice fields and the area is now known as one of the most scenic trekking spots on Bali.
Being close to the three central lakes of Bratan (which is home to one of the island's most famous temples - Pura Ulun Danau Bratan), Buyan and Tamblingan, walks (or horse rides) will take you through farming areas and along hill ridges which boast amazing views over the lakes, countryside and even as far as bali's north coast and the volcanoes on Java's east coast.
The region around Munduk provides an authentic feel of Bali and you may be lucky enough to time your visit to coincide with one of many local ceremonies which are a regular part of Balinese life.
Suggested itineraries featuring Munduk
Our itineraries will give you suggestions for what is possible when you travel in Munduk, and they showcase routes we know work particularly well. Treat them as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely by one of our specialists.
Map of Munduk
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Munduk
- Lovina 14 kilometers away
- Medewi 33 kilometers away
- Ubud 34 kilometers away
- Tembok 41 kilometers away
- Bali 46 kilometers away
- Seminyak 46 kilometers away
- Pemuteran 49 kilometers away
- Sanur 50 kilometers away
- Jimbaran 58 kilometers away
- Bali Barat National Park 60 kilometers away
- Candidasa 61 kilometers away
- Bukit Peninsula 62 kilometers away
- Lembongan Island 62 kilometers away
- Ijen National Park 93 kilometers away
- The Gili Islands 109 kilometers away
- Senggigi 111 kilometers away
- Sire Beach 113 kilometers away
- Medana Bay 117 kilometers away
- Lombok 148 kilometers away
- Mount Rinjani 154 kilometers away
- Mount Bromo 238 kilometers away
- Malang 273 kilometers away
- Moyo Island 275 kilometers away
- Surabaya 281 kilometers away
- Tambolaka 476 kilometers away
Photos of Munduk
Accommodation choices for Munduk
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Munduk. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.
Munduk Moding Plantation is a boutique hotel and spa found on a working coffee plantation that has one of the most picturesque locations in central Bali.