Visit Morelia, Mexico
Morelia, with its outdoor cafes, plazas and 17th century mansions is so reminiscent of Spain that you could be forgiven for forgetting you are in Mexico.
Originally known as Valladolid, the city changed its name to Morelia in 1828 in honour of Jose Maria Morelos, a local-born Independence hero.
The Plaza de Armas, with its massive cathedral (the towers of which are said to be the tallest in the country), is the focalpoint of the city, and if you are here on a Saturday night, it is worth heading down to the bar at Los Juaninos early to get a seat for the 20.30 fireworks.
Map of Morelia
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Morelia
- The Colonial Cities 94 kilometers away
- Queretaro 129 kilometers away
- San Miguel de Allende 143 kilometers away
- Guanajuato 147 kilometers away
- Taxco 210 kilometers away
- Mexico City & Around 218 kilometers away
- Cuernavaca 224 kilometers away
- Ixtapa-Zihuatanejo 233 kilometers away
- Teotihuacan 244 kilometers away
- Puebla 323 kilometers away
- Puerto Vallarta 435 kilometers away
- Costalegre 435 kilometers away