Comprehensive tours of Uxmal and Kabah Mayan ruins.
Staying in the heart of the beautiful colonial city of Mérida.
Staying a night near Chichén Itzá — the most famous of Mexico's Mayan ruins.
Mayan Riviera — long stretches of soft sandy beach.
Although Mexico is a very popular destination, our itinerary ideas are designed to ensure you discover the cultural and natural wonders of this diverse country in the most authentic way possible. We use smaller, more characterful accommodation, arrange visits to the major archaeological sites at quieter times and use the very best local guides with expert knowledge of the region.
Our specialists have travelled to Mexico many times and can put their first-hand experience to good use when designing your bespoke tour, tailoring our trip suggestions to your interests and budget, whether you dream of old haciendas, beautiful beach resorts or adventurous cruises.
Speak to someone
who's been there
- 01993 838 670
- Make an enquiry
Our recommended tours in Mexico
These itineraries are designed to give you some suggestions for what is possible when you travel in Mexico, and they showcase some of the routes that we’ve found work particularly well. Treat them simply as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely for you by one of our specialists based on your particular tastes and interests.
Unfortunately no tours matched your search criteria.
- The first formal hotel in Tulum has an excellent reputation for service and quality.
- Suites are exceptionally well decorated with natural materials and Mexican influences.
- Dine with sand beneath your feet at the beachside restaurant, serving dishes made from local organic ingredients.
- Indulge in a Mayan mud massage at the relaxing OM spa.
- Casa Sandra has an exclusive feel with only 16 rooms, set on the white sands of Isla Holbox.
- Take a boat cruise out from the island to visit its neighbours Isla Pasión and Isla Pájaros.
- Ser Esencia restaurant cooks with local ingredients, inspired by traditional Yucatecan flavours.
- Accommodation comprises 41 private villas with their own plunge pool, sunbathing deck and outdoor shower.
- Coral restaurant and bar is situated right by the water's edge, serving Mexican influenced dishes.
- Perfectly situated to explore some of the many famous Mayan archaeological sites in the area.
- Exclusively designed rooms and villas feature natural materials and have spacious outdoor terraces and private pools.
- Wellness energy spa helps guests feel rejuvenated with organic treatments.
- Ocumare restaurant created by Michelin-starred chef Mauricio Giovanini specialises in flavours from around the world.
- Situated on white sandy beaches flanked by jungle the natural beauty of the area is unparalleled.
- Ideal location to explore all Tulum has to offer, from Maya ruins to hidden cenotes.
Take a private tour of vibrant Mexico City and Teotihuacán.
Visit the colonial city of Mérida.
Explore mystical Chichén Itzá as well as more secluded Maya sites.
Relax on the beaches of laid-back Isla Holbox.
Boat excursions to spot whales and dolphins in pristine lagoons.
Day trip to Espíritu Santo Island to spot a number of bird species as well as observe and snorkel with the playful sea lions.
Exploring the Sierra de San Francisco, a mountain range with a diverse flora, rugged canyon scenery and prehistoric rock art.
- This award-winning small hotel has just 29 rooms, set in a historic mansion.
- The Esencia estate is tucked away on the pristine Xpu-Ha beach.
- Two onsite restaurants serving sophisticated fusions of Mexican and Mediterranean cuisine.
- Step off the hotel's beach and right into a marine sanctuary, a haven for sea turtles and tropical fish.
Get to know Mexico City and experience some of the wonderful street food on offer.
Visit Puebla and explore the surrounding countryside with its archaeological ruins.
Learn the secrets of Mexican cuisine through street food tours and market exploration in Oaxaca.
Take a cooking class with a local chef.
Relax at the coastal town of Huatulco and enjoy the delicious seafood available.
- Eight minutes from Cabo San Lucas, ideal to visit alternative restaurants and shops around the Marina.
- Every room and suite at the hotel has a private plunge pool.
- Executive chef, Gustavo Pinet, offers a lavish dining experience at the renowned ocean view El Farallon.
- Stand-up paddle board out to the Baja Peninsula to see the naturally formed arch 'El Arco'.
Soar over the UNESCO-listed archaeological zone of Teotihuacán in a hot air balloon.
Explore the desert landscape of the Baja Peninsula at your own pace.
Day trip to Espíritu Santo Island to spot a number of bird species as well as observe and snorkel with playful sea lions.
Boat excursions to spot whales and dolphins in pristine lagoons.
- The only private beach resort in Los Cabos, with exclusive access to two private coves.
- All suites are complete with an ocean view.
- The Cocina del Mar restaurant has a unique vantage point from the rocky cliffside.
- Famed for fine seafood dining with exquisite views over the Sea of Cortez.
- Opportunity for a memorable dining experience, with a private chef at your villa.
- Wealth of personalised foodie experiences like Sea foraging, Mexican cookery school and Mezcal tasting.
Honduras, Belize, Guatemala and Mexico
Visit some of the most impressive Maya sites in Central America from Chichén Itzá in Mexico, Tikal in Guatemala, Xunantunich in Belize and Copán in Honduras.
Stay in the Belizean jungle, walking through trails in search of howler monkeys and colourful birds.
Explore the ruins and relax on pristine sandy beaches in Tulum on Mexico's Yucatán Peninsula.
Stay in a beautiful hacienda just outside the colonial city of Mérida.
Visit Chichén Itzá, the most famous of Mexico's Mayan ruins.
Experience Oaxaca's rich culinary traditions.
Explore the highlights of Mexico City.
Spend time on the Pacific coast exploring the town of Zihuatanejo.
Filter by destination
Filter by category
Some of our favourite travel guides
- Luxury holidays in Mexico
- What to do in Mexico: our highlights guide
- Honeymoons in Mexico
- A first-timer's guide to Chichén Itzá
- Family holidays in Mexico
- Mexico’s Day of the Dead, demystified: a brief guide
- From tacos to tejate: Mexican food experiences to try on your trip
Luxury holidays in Mexico
Read our specialist's guide on Mexico luxury holidays, including the best ways to see its Maya ruins, towns and cities.View this travel guide
What to do in Mexico: our highlights guide
Mexico’s character is many-sided. From cosmopolitan colonial cities and vibrant markets to mountain wilderness, sleepy Caribbean islands, vast cacti-covered deserts and a wealth of intriguing ancient ruins, specialist Carolyn shares her highlights.View this travel guide
Honeymoons in Mexico
Famous for its white sand beaches, turquoise sea and Maya ruins, Mexico makes an ideal destination for your honeymoon. Plan your trip with Audley and we'll recommend the most suitable accommodation to make your stay a memorable one.View this travel guide
A first-timer's guide to Chichén Itzá
An ancient Mayan capital and the most famous of all the archaeological sites on the Yucatán Peninsula, Chichén Itzá is not to be missed on a trip to Mexico.View this travel guide
Family holidays in Mexico
Audley travel specialist Anna shares her tips for where to go and what to do on a Mexico family holiday. Focusing on the Yucatán Peninsula, she explains how you can combine beach time with wildlife watching and visiting ancient ruins.View this travel guide
Mexico’s Day of the Dead, demystified: a brief guide
An overview of Mexico’s Day of the Dead, by one of our Mexico specialists. Jeff outlines where to go in Mexico for the most vivid celebrations, ways you can get involved in the festivities and — crucially — what you might eat.View this travel guide
From tacos to tejate: Mexican food experiences to try on your trip
Tacos, fresh tortillas, mole sauce, tejate, mezcal and more: Fenella from Audley’s Mexico team suggests experiences that might intrigue Epicurean-minded visitors to Mexico. All of them can be woven into your own tailor-made trip to the country.View this travel guide