The modern city of Phoenix developed on the foundations of an ancient Native American pueblo, growing as western farmers revived the original irrigation system to create an agricultural outpost where only the hardiest survived.
Today, nearly perfect year-round weather and several impeccably designed championship courses have made Phoenix one of the world's top golf destinations.
But there's more to this mild-mannered metropolis than pristine greens and tee times. The greater Phoenix area, including the affluent region of Scottsdale, offers an array of impressive cultural attractions such as the internationally renowned Heard Museum, which gives an in-depth look at Native American history, the fascinating Desert Botanical Garden and the Phoenix Art Museum. Theatre-going is also popular with top class ballet at the ornate Orpheum Theatre and Broadway shows at the state-of-the-art Dodge Theatre.
Suggested Phoenix itinerary
This sample itinerary will give you an idea of what is possible when you travel in Phoenix, and showcases routes we know work particularly well. Treat this as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely by one of our specialists.
Map of Phoenix
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Phoenix
- Sedona 162 kilometers away
- Tucson 174 kilometers away
- Flagstaff 199 kilometers away
- Winslow 217 kilometers away
- Grand Canyon National Park 283 kilometers away
- Page 391 kilometers away
- Kayenta, Monument Valley 402 kilometers away
- Las Vegas 413 kilometers away
- Palm Springs 415 kilometers away
- Zion National Park 427 kilometers away
- Monument Valley Navajo Tribal Park 435 kilometers away
- Bryce Canyon National Park 463 kilometers away
- San Diego 481 kilometers away