Visit Roanoke, USA
Roanoke is one of the larger towns in western Virginia and ideally located along the Blue Ridge Parkway.
The town has a historic farmers' market and the engaging Roanoke Valley History Museum, which documents the settlement of the region by the Scottish, Welsh and Germans.
The Virginia Museum of Transportation is home to a large collection of diesel locomotives and exemplifies the town's railway history. Whilst here do make sure you drive to the top of Mill Mountain for sweeping views of the valley.
Suggested Roanoke itinerary
This sample itinerary will give you an idea of what is possible when you travel in Roanoke, and showcases routes we know work particularly well. Treat this as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely by one of our specialists.
Accommodation choices for Roanoke
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Roanoke. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.
Map of Roanoke
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Roanoke
- Winston Salem 134 kilometers away
- Virginia 139 kilometers away
- Charlottesville 155 kilometers away
- Raleigh 204 kilometers away
- Richmond 224 kilometers away
- Front Royal 239 kilometers away
- Charlotte 242 kilometers away
- Williamsburg 287 kilometers away
- Asheville 299 kilometers away
- Washington DC 313 kilometers away
- Virginia Beach 355 kilometers away
- Annapolis 357 kilometers away
- Cherokee 363 kilometers away
- Baltimore 367 kilometers away
- St. Michael's 367 kilometers away
- Gettysburg 370 kilometers away
- Wilmington 385 kilometers away
- Lexington 411 kilometers away
- Lancaster 442 kilometers away