The Chedi Club at Tanah Gajah
The Chedi Club at Tanah Gajah, Ubud, Indonesia
The Chedi Club Tanah Gajah is located around 20 minutes outside Ubud among lush rice paddy fields in some of the most picturesque grounds of any hotel in Bali.
The hotel originally was a traditional Balinese house, which has been converted in to 20 elegant bungalows, furnished in a traditional style and full of beautiful paintings. The owner was very keen on elephants and so there are elephant motifs throughout the property.
There are seven one-bedroom suites, nine pool villas, two spa villas, one family villa and a two-bedroom estate.
The superb restaurant can be opened up on all sides and is surrounded by paddy fields which are owned by the hotel; it's the rice from these which is used in the restaurant.
The hotel spa features two private treatment rooms that open out to spectacular views of the paddy fields, and is one of the best in Bali. Signature treatments include a chlorophyll wrap and papaya volcanic pumice scrub.
Unlike many hotels in Ubud, where space is at a premium, the Chedi Club has huge grounds and spacious rooms, allowing for a very relaxed atmosphere to prevail. Complimentary yoga sessions take place everyday except Monday.
As part of the club service at the Chedi all guests receive the following benefits free of charge:
- Private butler service
- Daily newspaper and seasonal selection of fresh fruits in Suite or Villa
- Daily American breakfast for two in Suite/Villa or The Restaurant
- Daily laundry service (except dry cleaning/six pieces per person per day)
- Complimentary internet connection
- Complimentary mini-bar with well-stocked alcoholic selection refilled once a day only
- Complimentary afternoon tea from 16:00 – 18:00 in Suite/Villa or The Bird Lounge or The Club Lounge
- Complimentary sunset cocktail from 18:00 – 19:00 in Suite/Villa or The Bird Lounge or The Club Lounge
- The Chedi Ubud car service to Ubud Centre based on hotel schedule
- Complimentary rice paddy trekking with private butler
Ubud itinerary suggestions
Places & hotels on the map
Alternative places to stay nearby
Where possible, we like to offer a range of accommodation for each stop of your trip, chosen by our specialists as some of their favourite places to stay. To help you make the right choice, we give each property a rating based on its facilities and service, but we also look for hotels with distinct character or a location that can’t be bettered.
Experiences while staying here
The following activities are designed to give you the most authentic experiences of the area where you’re staying. We work with local guides, who use their knowledge and often a resident’s eye to show you the main sights and more out-of-the-way attractions. Our specialists can also suggest outdoor pursuits and activities, such as cooking classes, that will introduce you to the traditions of the area’s inhabitants.