Grandson and I planned a grand 12-day trip to see the Pyramids and Petra in March '20... then Covid...
Heritage Awali Golf Resort & Spa break
7 days from £2,430pp
- Twelve tantalising restaurants offer a variety of world cuisine in unique locations around the resort.
- Wide range of water sports to explore the local marine life.
- Set within 1,300 hectares of nature reserve allows for walks through protected tropical forest.
- Enjoy 18 holes at the Heritage Golf club, known as the best course in the Indian Ocean.
- Access to the only beach club on Mauritius' south coast.
- All accommodation
- Activities and excursions as detailed
- Scheduled international and domestic flights
Heritage Awali Golf Resort & Spa
The rooms are set over two or three storeys and each has either a terrace or a balcony. All are well equipped with a flat screen satellite TV, safe, minibar, telephone, tea and coffee and a lounge area. They are spread out, giving a feel or privacy but without being far away from the main areas. Decorated in a modern African feel with chic ethnic themes, they offer a light, airy and relaxing base for your stay.
The resort has 160 rooms divided into three categories. The 154 deluxe suites are 52 square metres and either standard, ocean view or beach front, while the five senior suites are 100 square metres and offer an additional lounge and dining area, as well as enjoying direct access to the beach. Each suite also has an espresso machine, DVD player and Jacuzzi bath.
Guests may also choose to stay in the resort's one villa, which is a spacious 310 square metres and features a living room (equipped with a CD and DVD player), a dining room with separate kitchen, two large bedrooms, and a children's bedroom, each with its own bathroom, a gazebo and a private swimming pool. It also has a 24 hour butler service and a Jacuzzi in the bathroom.
Heritage Awali is located on Mauritius' south coast, in the small coastal village of Bel Ombre. The Bel Ombre estate spans 2500 acres of stunning native tropical forest and is home to the Chateau del Bel Ombre; one of the world’s finest gourmet restaurants. The Heritage Golf Club Championship and short courses are both a 5 minute drive. The main international airport is just 45 minutes away by car.
Food and drink
- Savana is the main buffet restaurant offering a variety of breakfast and dinner options with floor to ceiling windows for stunning views over the beach and ocean.
- Kuzini restaurant serves à la carte modern Italian dishes for a sumptuous dinner right beside the pool.
- Zafarani is an exclusive adults-only Indian inspired restaurant providing guests with a cacophony of flavours for a colourful taste sensation.
- Infinity Blue bar sits right on the sand and provides ocean inspired light bites and a selection of funky cocktails and non-alcoholic beverages. The perfect place to watch the sunset.
- An interactive African dinner experience is on offer at Boma. An alfresco dinner is served under the stars accompanied by live drum music, flame throwers and dancers.
- Amafrooty is the perfect choice for light meals and snacks by the poolside for those not wanting to step away from their day’s leisure activities.
- The Zenzi Bar overlooks the pool and provides lively background music and a list of vibrant exciting cocktails.
- There is also a wide variety of restaurants in the vicinity from the C Beach Club, to the prestigious Chateau, the Golf Club and four other restaurants at the Heritage le Telfair.
The Heritage is perfect for families, with plenty to keep the children occupied; including the beach, several pools and a number of dining options. There is also the Timomo kids' club offering supervised activities for 2-11 year olds and a programme of activities for 12-17 year olds as well.
Please note that some of the upstairs rooms have balcony balustrades which are below the recommended height. If you are travelling with young children, we recommend ground floor rooms.
Facilities and activities
For the active, there is plenty to choose from including two floodlit tennis courts, yoga classes, mountain biking, beach soccer, bocce balls and pitch and put. Activities on the water such as sailing, windsurfing, kayaking, stand up paddleboard and waterskiing lessons. Snorkelling and diving are easily arranged and there is a glass bottomed boat for those that wish to experience to ocean’s treasures but stay dry.
Relax with a holistic massage in one of the traditional huts surrounded by the tranquil gardens at The Seven Colours Spa.
As the hotel is located in the unique Biosphere Bel Ombre, there are plenty of walks, treks and picnics to be had in the local nature reserve. The hotel offers 4x4 biosphere journeys and guided jungle treks.
Finally, there are two exceptional golf courses, the Heritage short course and the fantastic Heritage Championship 18-hole golf course.
The Heritage Awali Golf Resort and Spa is a great luxury property, with a wealth of activities on offer, ensuring that you have plenty to keep you occupied whilst enjoying time by the beach. We particularly like the fact that the hotel is situated further away from other hotels in a quiet position above a sandy beach.
- 01993 838 520
- Request a quote
We have used the services of Audley Travel three times and were due to go to Malaysia in July 2021....
Audley's handling of our 2020 holiday in Vietnam was faultless and we cannot commend the company...
Asked about trecking holiday in Nepal. They came up with some great ideas and gave detailed plans...
Hassle Free--the Go-To travel provider Our trip to Atlantic Canada will be our third booked through...
We having been looking to book a road trip adventure to Canada next year but we’re overwhelmed by...
Contact a specialist
The specialist who designs your trip to Mauritius will have explored the country many times and, in some cases, lived there. Their first-hand knowledge gives us the belief that no other travel company can match our expertise in helping you plan your trip. Your dedicated specialist will take the time to understand your preferences and build them into an itinerary to match, working to your budget. He or she will keep perfecting it until you’re completely happy and ready to book.Request a quote
When to go