The Sanctuary Ananda is a luxury, five-star boat, custom-made with Burmese tradition in mind. Infusing contemporary luxury with authentic Burmese design, the boat offers an intimate and boutique sailing experience along the Ayeyarwady as you visit pagodas, palaces, forgotten villages and wild jungles.
who's been there
01993 838 92501993 838 105
- Make an enquiry
Sanctuary Ananda offers untold luxury for its guests, expertly blending modern amenities with traditional touches. Suites have a more contemporary, chic feel than some boats in the region; tastefully furnished with polished teak and luxurious fabrics. The spacious Owner’s Suite doesn’t fail to impress, featuring a large veranda with sunloungers along with additional privileges such as a butler service, private guide and exclusive dining experiences.
You can watch local life meander past from your private balcony or from the delightful sun deck with its plunge pool, while the Kansi Panorama Lounge is the perfect place for enjoying relaxed evening drinks and fascinating lectures.
You’ll have the chance to dock and explore lesser known areas of Myanmar, with the ship’s shallow draft granting it access to areas unreachable by many vessels in the region.
The 21 cabins span three decks and four categories, including 27 square metre Suites and Deluxe Suites, 32 square metre Luxury Suites and the plush 67 square metre Owner’s Suite. All feature en suite bathrooms, air conditioning and full balconies.
Suites and Deluxe Suites offer either double or twin beds, while the Luxury Suites have an additional sofa bed for an optional third person and the Owner’s Suite has a king-size bed. Two pairs of interconnecting Deluxe Suites are available for families.
- Two restaurants — Talifoo Restaurant and Mindoon Al Fresco Dining — serving local and Italian cuisine using fresh ingredients from local markets visited during the journey
- Continental breakfast buffets
- Lunchtime salad buffets
- Private dining room can be booked in advance
- Kansi Panorama Lounge, serving cocktails and other beverages and boasting excellent river views
- Complimentary soft drinks, local beers and selected wines
- Ayeyarwady River — 3 nights between Bagan and Mandalay.
- Ayeyarwady River — 4 nights between Mandalay and Bagan.
- Ayeyarwady River — 7 nights from Bagan to Mandalay, returning to Bagan.
- Ayeyarwady River — 7 nights from Mandalay to Bagan, returning to Mandalay.
- Ayeyarwady River — 11 nights between Yangon and Mandalay.
- Upper Ayeyarwady — 11 nights from Mandalay to Bhamo to Bagan.
- Chindwin River — 10 nights from Mandalay to Paung Pyin to Bagan.
Wander through the colonial remnants in a fast changing Yangon.
Cruise alongside the leg rowing fisherman on the waters of Inle Lake.
Cruise back in time with an adventure to Katha, Tagaung and the Upper Ayeyarwady.
Watch the sunset over Bagan.
Our specialists suggest:
4 nights aboard Sanctuary Ananda as part of our 14-day "The Ayeyarwady & Myeik Archipelago" itinerary, from £7,545pp.
The Sanctuary Ananda offers some of the best value luxury cruises on the Ayeyarwady, with spacious, balcony rooms and an excellent chef who was previously at the Mandarin Oriental. Whilst the levels of service are not as high as Belmond’s, the Ananda is definitely worth considering.
- Educational lectures
- Traditional cookery demonstrations
- Live music
- Yoga and meditation sessions
- Thambyadine Spa
- Sun deck
- Outdoor pool
- Fitness centre
- Wi-Fi access