Visit Redang Island, Malaysia
Redang's powder white beaches, turquoise waters, virgin jungle and remote bays make it the perfect place for sun worshipers and sea lovers.
In addition to exceptional scuba diving and snorkeling, other recreational pursuits include jungle treks, canoeing and island-hopping.
The beach at the Berjaya Hotel is probably the best on the island but for other options you can hire a boat and head to the more secluded bays of Teluk Dalam, Teluk Kalong and Pasir Panjang on the island's eastern side.
Even further afield, the small undeveloped island of Pulau Lang Tengah has soft white sands and excellent snorkeling.
Map of Redang Island
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Redang Island
- Perhentian Islands 23 miles away
- Kuala Terengganu 33 miles away
- Taman Negara National Park 96 miles away
- Belum Rainforest 118 miles away
- The East Coast 139 miles away
- Cameron Highlands 145 miles away
- Fraser's Hill (Bukit Fraser) 168 miles away
- Penang 187 miles away
- Kuala Lumpur 203 miles away
- Pangkor Islands 203 miles away
- Tioman Island 222 miles away
- Langkawi 225 miles away
- Malacca 254 miles away
Photos of Redang Island
Accommodation choices for Redang Island
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Redang Island. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.
Situated on possibly the finest beach on Redang, Taraas Beach and Spa Resort is the best hotel on the island in our opinion.