We first had our Engagement trip to California arranged by Audley Travel 3 years ago. It was simply...
Thatch Caye Resort break
5 days from £2,640pp
- All-inclusive private island resort with a hidden, castaway feel.
- Only 30 guests can stay at a time in the beautiful thatched roof overwater bungalows.
- Take a stargazer cruise under the Belizean night sky, learning all about the constellations.
- Borrow a bike to experience more of the island at your own steam.
- Fresh seasonal ingredients from local Muy,Ono Farm are served in an authentic evening meal at the Grove Restaurant.
- All accommodation
- Scheduled international and domestic flights
- In-destination transfers
Thatch Caye Resort
Accommodations on the island are all in keeping with the relaxed, rustic charm of the resort. Overwater thatched bungalows provide a comfortable and unique stay, high up on stilts over the ocean, with a private terrace and hammock for the ultimate relaxation. Premier overwater bungalows have 180 degree ocean views and are larger inside.
The cabanas are much larger houses with ocean views, en suite bathrooms, king sized beds and air-conditioning. These are ideal for those seeking more privacy and space, with modern decor, sleek white walls and wooden beach accents.
This stunning all-inclusive castaway island resort sits on its own private island off the coast of Dangriga. On your arrival to Dangriga, the guides will show you to the boat and the 25 minute journey over to Thatch Caye resort. The remote island is perfect for leaving the stresses of life behind and escaping to paradise.
Food and drink
- There is a focus on traditional Belizean dishes on Thatch Caye, using locally harvested ingredients from the Muy’Ono Farms.
- Coco Lounge serves a daily fresh breakfast buffet including hot and cold foods.
- The Grove is the place to be for light, local lunches and packed lunches are provided for guests on tours.
- Local afternoon snacks like nachos and ceviche are served alongside happy hour drinks at the Starfish bar.
- The Grove also serves dinner alfresco with many meat, seafood and vegetarian dishes on offer.
Facilities and activities
The hotel offers guests the chance to enjoy the best of the ocean that surrounds the island with daily tours snorkeling, diving and fishing. They also operate stargazing cruises; island cruises and tours up the Sittee River. Guests can take a visit to the mainland coast to explore the lush tropical jungles of Belize.
Serenity Point is the islands fitness and yoga studio open daily to guests and massages and body treatments are offered to guests on the privacy of their own balconies. All-inclusive guests are able to use the bikes, kayaks, paddle boards and snorkel gear with no extra charge.
Very comfortable rooms with beautiful views and carefully maintained grounds make this one the best options in the area for exploring the South Water Caye Marine Reserve.
- 01993 838 690
- Request a quote
We have used Audley Travel several times to book foreign travel and the service has always been...
We used Audley Travel for the first time for a holiday in April 2020. That has just been...
We have enjoyed many fantastic Audley holidays visiting various parts of central and south America,...
We have travelled with Audley before, and it was fantastic, so we rebooked. Robert Brown was...
In 2018 we booked our honeymoon to Peru through Audley and received a fantastic service. We were...
Contact a specialist
The specialist who designs your trip to Belize will have explored the country many times and, in some cases, lived there. Their first-hand knowledge gives us the belief that no other travel company can match our expertise in helping you plan your trip. Your dedicated specialist will take the time to understand your preferences and build them into an itinerary to match, working to your budget. He or she will keep perfecting it until you’re completely happy and ready to book.Request a quote
When to go
|Place||Daily max temperature||Monthly rainfall|