Elsa's Kopje is perched on the top of Mughwango Hill, the site of George Adamson's first camp in Meru. From almost everywhere in the lodge you have the most superb views — it feels like a window over Africa.
The main living and dining room is perched on the rocks with open sides allowing for a fresh breeze. It is not unusual to see dassies gingerly peering in. Inside there are comfortable armchairs and plentiful books. Food is freshly prepared and excellent. Across the small lawn outside is a pool built into the rocks, again with superb views.
Elsa's Kopje has 10 rooms, each named after a river that runs through the park. Each is built up on the rocks, and whilst slightly different in location they all have two things in common — style and comfort. Large bedrooms have polished wooden floors, big comfortable beds and large mesh windows. The bathrooms are built out of cool stone and have flush WC, hot shower and basins. Everything is spacious, everything stylish.
There are many activities possible from Elsa's. Morning and evening game drives explore the park and walks and night drives are also possible. Alternatively, you might like to try your hand at fishing, or perhaps visit a local village. After a hard day on safari a cold drink is always at hand and a soothing massage can be arranged.
Speak to someone
who's been there
- Make an inquiry
Photos of Elsa's Kopje
Tour ideas in Meru National Park
Our itineraries are there to spark ideas for how you could include a stay at Elsa's Kopje as part of your trip. Treat them simply as suggestions, because every aspect of the trip we create for you will be yours to define.
KenyaView this tour
Location & places nearby
Places & hotels on the map
Meru National Park and nearby places
- The Parks & Reserves of Northern Kenya 10 kilometers away
- Shaba National Reserve 69 kilometers away
- Borana Ranch 75 kilometers away
- Lewa Wilderness Conservancy 78 kilometers away
- Samburu National Reserve 87 kilometers away
- Il Ngwesi Group Ranch 92 kilometers away
- Ol Lentille Conservancy 123 kilometers away
- Ol Pejeta Conservancy 140 kilometers away
- Matthews Mountain Range 142 kilometers away
- Loisaba Wilderness Conservancy 152 kilometers away