Visit Ol Lentille Conservancy, Kenya
Ol Lentille is a private conservancy of 14,500 acres, lying around seventy-five kilometers north of Mount Kenya. Named after the hill which dominates the area, Ol Lentille sits on the northern escarpment of the Laikipia Plateau.
Wildlife of Ol Lentille
The conservancy is based on Kijabe Group Ranch, and works closely with the local community to protect the animals in the area; kilpspringers can be seen leaping among the rocks, hyenas lurk in hope of a good meal, and a flicker high among the trees might just be a leopard. There is also the possibility of spotting greater kudu and rare wild dogs in the conservancy.
Animals aside, the scenery on the ranch is stunning. The rolling hills are covered with acacia and wild olive trees, and fig and fever trees are found in the sandy riverbeds. On a clear day views on the ranch are spectacular, and from high points it's often possible to see as far as Mount Kenya, or even the Matthews Mountains and Karisia Hills.
Map of Ol Lentille Conservancy
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Ol Lentille Conservancy
- Loisaba Wilderness Conservancy 30 kilometers away
- Il Ngwesi Group Ranch 35 kilometers away
- Samburu National Reserve 48 kilometers away
- Borana Ranch 49 kilometers away
- Lewa Wilderness Conservancy 50 kilometers away
- Sosian Ranch 53 kilometers away
- Ol Pejeta Conservancy 58 kilometers away
- Karisia Hills 68 kilometers away
- Matthews Mountain Range 75 kilometers away
- Shaba National Reserve 86 kilometers away
- The Laikipia Plateau 110 kilometers away
- Meru National Park 127 kilometers away
- The Parks & Reserves of Northern Kenya 133 kilometers away
- Lake Nakuru 150 kilometers away
- Lakes of the Great Rift Valley 151 kilometers away
- Lake Naivasha 167 kilometers away
- Nairobi 205 kilometers away
- Loita Hills 281 kilometers away
- Mara Naboisho Conservancy 293 kilometers away
- Mara North Conservancy 296 kilometers away
- Shompole Magadi 307 kilometers away
- Masai Mara National Reserve 323 kilometers away
- Lake Victoria 348 kilometers away
- Amboseli National Park 351 kilometers away
- The Chyulu Hills 354 kilometers away
- Kenya's Northern Frontier 396 kilometers away
- The Parks & Reserves of Southern Kenya 407 kilometers away
- Tsavo East National Park 416 kilometers away
- Tsavo West National Park 447 kilometers away
Photos of Ol Lentille Conservancy
Accommodation choices for Ol Lentille Conservancy
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Ol Lentille Conservancy. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.
The Sanctuary comprises four private houses set in the stunning surroundings of the Ol Lentille Conservancy. Each house has its own character, a full team of household staff, a Maasai guide, and a vehicle with which to explore the area.