Visit Ol Lentille Conservancy, Kenya
Ol Lentille is a private conservancy of 14,500 acres, lying around seventy-five kilometers north of Mount Kenya. Named after the hill which dominates the area, Ol Lentille sits on the northern escarpment of the Laikipia Plateau.
Wildlife of Ol Lentille
The conservancy is based on Kijabe Group Ranch, and works closely with the local community to protect the animals in the area; kilpspringers can be seen leaping among the rocks, hyenas lurk in hope of a good meal, and a flicker high among the trees might just be a leopard. There is also the possibility of spotting greater kudu and rare wild dogs in the conservancy.
Animals aside, the scenery on the ranch is stunning. The rolling hills are covered with acacia and wild olive trees, and fig and fever trees are found in the sandy riverbeds. On a clear day views on the ranch are spectacular, and from high points it's often possible to see as far as Mount Kenya, or even the Matthews Mountains and Karisia Hills.
Map of Ol Lentille Conservancy
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Ol Lentille Conservancy
- Loisaba Wilderness Conservancy 19 miles away
- Il Ngwesi Group Ranch 22 miles away
- Samburu National Reserve 30 miles away
- Borana Ranch 31 miles away
- Lewa Wilderness Conservancy 32 miles away
- Sosian Ranch 33 miles away
- Ol Pejeta Conservancy 36 miles away
- Karisia Hills 42 miles away
- Matthews Mountain Range 47 miles away
- Shaba National Reserve 54 miles away
- The Laikipia Plateau 68 miles away
- Meru National Park 79 miles away
- The Parks & Reserves of Northern Kenya 83 miles away
- Lake Nakuru 94 miles away
- Lakes of the Great Rift Valley 94 miles away
- Lake Naivasha 104 miles away
- Nairobi 127 miles away
- Loita Hills 175 miles away
- Mara Naboisho Conservancy 182 miles away
- Mara North Conservancy 184 miles away
- Shompole Magadi 191 miles away
- Masai Mara National Reserve 201 miles away
- Lake Victoria 216 miles away
- Amboseli National Park 218 miles away
- The Chyulu Hills 220 miles away
- Kenya's Northern Frontier 246 miles away
- The Parks & Reserves of Southern Kenya 253 miles away
- Tsavo East National Park 259 miles away
- Tsavo West National Park 278 miles away
Photos of Ol Lentille Conservancy
Accommodation choices for Ol Lentille Conservancy
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Ol Lentille Conservancy. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.
The Sanctuary comprises four private houses set in the stunning surroundings of the Ol Lentille Conservancy. Each house has its own character, a full team of household staff, a Maasai guide, and a vehicle with which to explore the area.