Visit Loisaba Wilderness Conservancy, Kenya
The Loisaba Wilderness Conservancy covers an area of roughly 150 square kilometers. It lies on the edge of the Laikipia Plateau, about 100 kilometers north of Mount Kenya.
The terrain varies enormously across the reserve. In the northern part of the reserve there are the vast grassy plains of the plateau. In the south, the plateau breaks into valleys, escarpments and cliffs. From many of these elevated viewpoints you can see the faint blue outline of Mount Kenya. Finally, in the valleys and lowlands a different ecosystem exists — lush groves of acacia, fig and palms, fed by the waters of the Ewaso Ng’iro and the N'gare Narok rivers.
Wildlife of Loisaba
The diverse habitats of the conservancy support a wide variety of wildlife. It is a haven for over 250 species of birds and 50 species of mammal. Alongside more usual animals there are elephant, buffalo, Grevy's zebra, greater kudu, lion and leopard. That said, this is not a place to come and tick off large numbers of big game, but rather somewhere to enjoy the wildlife in an area of pristine wilderness.
Map of Loisaba Wilderness Conservancy
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Loisaba Wilderness Conservancy
- Ol Lentille Conservancy 30 kilometers away
- Karisia Hills 46 kilometers away
- Sosian Ranch 47 kilometers away
- Il Ngwesi Group Ranch 64 kilometers away
- Ol Pejeta Conservancy 66 kilometers away
- Samburu National Reserve 73 kilometers away
- Matthews Mountain Range 77 kilometers away
- Borana Ranch 78 kilometers away
- Lewa Wilderness Conservancy 79 kilometers away
- The Laikipia Plateau 84 kilometers away
- Shaba National Reserve 110 kilometers away
- Lake Nakuru 144 kilometers away
- Lakes of the Great Rift Valley 144 kilometers away
- Meru National Park 156 kilometers away
- The Parks & Reserves of Northern Kenya 161 kilometers away
- Lake Naivasha 169 kilometers away
- Nairobi 217 kilometers away
- Loita Hills 283 kilometers away
- Mara Naboisho Conservancy 287 kilometers away
- Mara North Conservancy 288 kilometers away
- Shompole Magadi 314 kilometers away
- Masai Mara National Reserve 315 kilometers away
- Lake Victoria 328 kilometers away
- Amboseli National Park 366 kilometers away
- The Chyulu Hills 375 kilometers away
- Kenya's Northern Frontier 375 kilometers away
- The Parks & Reserves of Southern Kenya 432 kilometers away
- Tsavo East National Park 441 kilometers away
- Tsavo West National Park 467 kilometers away
Photos of Loisaba Wilderness Conservancy
Accommodation choices for Loisaba Wilderness Conservancy
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Loisaba Wilderness Conservancy. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.
The Loisaba Starbeds are two small camps where you sleep outside, under the stars, hence the name Starbeds. There are two locations: Kiboko, overlooking a waterhole and Koija, overlooking the Ewaso Ng'iro River.