There are two sets of Star Beds, Kiboko, overlooking a waterhole and Koija, overlooking the Ewaso Ng'iro River.
Whilst different in location, each has stunning views and is designed in a similar style. Run by the local Samburu each camp has four large platforms. At the back, and covered by thatch, is a bathroom (hot bucket showers) and flush WC. The front of the platform is open to the sky. Here there are large double or twin beds. After a meal and drink or two around the campfire the Samburu will lead you to your bed. Then, you can drift off to sleep, listening to the animals and looking at the stars.
Responsible Tourism: The Koija Starbeds are owned by the local community, who benefit from bed night payments, as well as cultural visits to the community by Loisaba guests.
Speak to someone
who's been there
- Make an inquiry
Photos of Loisaba Starbeds
Tour ideas in Loisaba Wilderness Conservancy
Our itineraries are there to spark ideas for how you could include a stay at Loisaba Starbeds as part of your trip. Treat them simply as suggestions, because every aspect of the trip we create for you will be yours to define.
KenyaView this tour
Location & places nearby
Places & hotels on the map
Loisaba Wilderness Conservancy and nearby places
- Ol Lentille Conservancy 30 kilometers away
- Karisia Hills 46 kilometers away
- Sosian Ranch 47 kilometers away
- Il Ngwesi Group Ranch 64 kilometers away
- Ol Pejeta Conservancy 66 kilometers away
- Samburu National Reserve 73 kilometers away
- Matthews Mountain Range 77 kilometers away
- Borana Ranch 78 kilometers away
- Lewa Wilderness Conservancy 79 kilometers away
- The Laikipia Plateau 84 kilometers away