There are two sets of Star Beds, Kiboko, overlooking a waterhole and Koija, overlooking the Ewaso Ng'iro River.
Whilst different in location, each has stunning views and is designed in a similar style. Run by the local Samburu each camp has four large platforms. At the back, and covered by thatch, is a bathroom (hot bucket showers) and flush WC. The front of the platform is open to the sky. Here there are large double or twin beds. After a meal and drink or two around the campfire the Samburu will lead you to your bed. Then, you can drift off to sleep, listening to the animals and looking at the stars.
Responsible Tourism: The Koija Starbeds are owned by the local community, who benefit from bed night payments, as well as cultural visits to the community by Loisaba guests.
who's been there
- 01993 838 510
- Make an enquiry
Photos of Loisaba Starbeds
Tour ideas in Loisaba Wilderness Conservancy
Our itineraries are there to spark ideas for how you could include a stay at Loisaba Starbeds as part of your trip. Treat them simply as suggestions, because every aspect of the trip we create for you will be yours to define.
KenyaView this tour
Location & places nearby
Places & hotels on the map
Loisaba Wilderness Conservancy and nearby places
- Ol Lentille Conservancy 19 miles away
- Karisia Hills 29 miles away
- Sosian Ranch 29 miles away
- Il Ngwesi Group Ranch 40 miles away
- Ol Pejeta Conservancy 41 miles away
- Samburu National Reserve 45 miles away
- Matthews Mountain Range 48 miles away
- Borana Ranch 49 miles away
- Lewa Wilderness Conservancy 50 miles away
- The Laikipia Plateau 52 miles away