Life in the town of Nakhon Phanom revolves around the Mekong; a sustainable source of food and water.
Ho Chi Minh's house
The town is also home to a bustling Indochinese market. Nearby is the spectacular Buddhist monument of Wat Phra That Phanom. Another fascinating sight is a rural house that was once the hideout of Ho Chi Minh.
Loi Krathong festival
The best time to visit the town is during Loi Krathong, when local people marking the end of Buddhist lent, make elaborate small-scale vessels out of bamboo and banana bark for an illuminated boat procession on the Mekong.
Map of Nakhon Phanom
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Nakhon Phanom
- Isaan 177 kilometers away
- Udon Thani 197 kilometers away
- Nong Khai 209 kilometers away
- Khong Jiam 253 kilometers away
- Loei Province 311 kilometers away
- Phra Wihan 331 kilometers away
- Phimai 334 kilometers away
- Phanom Rung 368 kilometers away
- Nan 437 kilometers away
- Khao Yai National Park 474 kilometers away