Visit Nan, Thailand
Nan is located 280 kilometers to the north of Sukhothai and approximately 200 kilometers south of Chiang Rai.
Nan is close to the Laos border, and is a little-visited town steeped in history.
Highlights of Nan
Highlights include the temples of Wat Phumin and Wat Phra That Chang Kham and, for historical insights, the Nan Museum. Nearby is an interesting riverside art galley of contemporary Nan-influenced work, the Doi Phu Kha National Park as well as several peaceful ethnic villages including Nong Bua and its temple, with murals painted by the Thai Lue population that have made Nan their home.
Suggested itinerary featuring Nan
This sample itinerary will give you an idea of what is possible when you travel in Nan, and showcases routes we know work particularly well. Treat this as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely by one of our specialists.
Map of Nan
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Nan
- Chiang Rai 160 kilometers away
- Loei Province 176 kilometers away
- Chiang Mai 190 kilometers away
- The Golden Triangle 202 kilometers away
- Fang 208 kilometers away
- Doi Angkhang 222 kilometers away
- Sukhothai 223 kilometers away
- Nong Khai 231 kilometers away
- Pai 255 kilometers away
- Udon Thani 262 kilometers away
- Isaan 276 kilometers away
- Mae Hong Son 303 kilometers away
- Nakhon Phanom 437 kilometers away
- Phimai 437 kilometers away