Visit Battambang, Cambodia
Officially Cambodia’s second city, Battambang is 40 kilometres west of Tonle Sap Lake. It sits at the centre of a fertile plain retaining the character of a market town, and beside a few white goods stores in the town centre, shows little desire to enter the 20th century, let alone the 21st.
The town itself is situated on the Sangker River and still plays host to many charming colonial buildings. It is one of the most interesting and laid-back towns in Cambodia, and nearby attractions include the hilltop Angkorian temple of Wat Banan, the sacred mountain and killing caves of Phnom Sampeau and the riverside temple of Wat Ek Phnom.
Suggested itineraries featuring Battambang
Our itineraries will give you suggestions for what is possible when you travel in Battambang, and they showcase routes we know work particularly well. Treat them as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely by one of our specialists.
Cambodia and Thailand
Map of Battambang
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Battambang
- Siem Reap 77 kilometers away
- Temples of Angkor 81 kilometers away
- Banteay Chhmar 109 kilometers away
- Koh Kong 167 kilometers away
- Preah Vihear 215 kilometers away
- Phnom Penh 253 kilometers away
- Sihanoukville 278 kilometers away
- Kampot 298 kilometers away
- Kratie & Chhlong 315 kilometers away
- Kep 316 kilometers away
- Ratanakiri 415 kilometers away
- Ban Lung 417 kilometers away
- Sen Monorom 439 kilometers away
- Mondulkiri 446 kilometers away
Photos of Battambang
Accommodation choices for Battambang
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Battambang. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.
Located in the heart of Wat Kor Village, approximately 1.2 miles (2 km) from the centre of Battambang, this is the newest addition to the expanding accommodation options in the city. Maison Wat Kor is ideally located away from the hustle of the city offering a relaxing respite after touring.