Visit Kennebunkport, New England
Kennebunkport, New England
Kennebunkport is a pleasant coastal town known as the summer retreat of the presidential Bush family (the house has been in the family since the 19th century).
On warm sunny days the beaches are a major draw, but Kennebunkport's many small boutiques, art galleries and restaurants make for a pleasant visit at any time of year.
Dedicated shoppers may want to visit nearby Kittery, where dozens of outlets and factory stores offer plenty of bargains.
Suggested itineraries featuring Kennebunkport
Our itineraries will give you suggestions for what is possible when you travel in Kennebunkport, and they showcase routes we know work particularly well. Treat them as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely by one of our specialists.
Map of Kennebunkport
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Kennebunkport
- New Hampshire 89 kilometers away
- North Conway 94 kilometers away
- Boston 121 kilometers away
- Lincoln/North Woodstock 123 kilometers away
- Bennington 124 kilometers away
- Bretton Woods 127 kilometers away
- Maine 132 kilometers away
- Sugar Hill 143 kilometers away
- Provincetown 148 kilometers away
- Camden 148 kilometers away
- Woodstock 168 kilometers away
- Cape Cod 170 kilometers away
- Hyannis 191 kilometers away
- Chatham 191 kilometers away
- Sturbridge 192 kilometers away
- Vermont 201 kilometers away
- Falmouth 202 kilometers away
- Manchester 212 kilometers away
- Bar Harbor 216 kilometers away
- Newport, Rhode Island 220 kilometers away
- Martha's Vineyard 222 kilometers away
- Nantucket 234 kilometers away
- Burlington 252 kilometers away
- Lenox 255 kilometers away
- Stockbridge 262 kilometers away
- Lake George 262 kilometers away
- Saratoga Springs 271 kilometers away
- Albany 279 kilometers away
- Lake Placid 300 kilometers away
- New York 412 kilometers away
- New York State 446 kilometers away
Photos of Kennebunkport
Accommodation choices for Kennebunkport
We’ve selected a range of accommodation options for when you visit Kennebunkport. Our choices usually come recommended for their character, facilities and service or location. Our specialists always aim to suggest properties that match your preferences.
Quintessential New England hideaway nestled among the trees of coastal town Kennebunkport. Luxury guestrooms and exquisite service make this the most romantic choice.
Dating back to 1884, Nonantum, meaning 'blessing' or 'pray', is a family-run resort situated in one of New England's best-known seaside villages, renowned for its pristine beaches and rocky shores.
The Lodge on the Cove is nestled on a wooded cove in Kennebunkport, and offers a relaxed Maine experience. The property features natural elements, and work by local artists, along with recently renovated modern rooms.
The Boathouse Waterfront Hotel sits on a prime, riverside location on the harbour side of the Kennebunk River, just steps from Dock Square in central Kennebunkport. Guests can dine at David’s KPT, helmed by celebrated Portland chef and restaurateur David Turin.
The Kennebunkport Inn offers 49 rooms divided between the Main Inn and the Wharfside building across the street.
Ideas for experiencing Kennebunkport
Our specialists seek out authentic ways to get to know the places that could feature in your trip. These activities reflect some of the experiences they've most enjoyed while visiting Kennebunkport, and which use the best local guides.
Embark on a culinary tour of Kennebunkport’s signature seafood and artisan fare. Taste your way around the town’s thriving food scene, taking in everything from whoopie pies (the state’s official sweet treat) and blueberry-filled doughnuts to lavender mead and fresh coffee.