Visit Cape Canaveral, USA
Travel east of Orlando and you’ll soon arrive at Florida's Space Coast, NASA's main hub, but also a region of sandy beaches, quiet rivers, lakes and small towns.
The Kennedy Space Centre and Cape Canaveral Airforce Base have been America’s gateway to space exploration since the 1960s and provide the opportunity to learn more about the past, present and future of space travel and bring this fascinating subject to life.
Even if there isn't a live launch scheduled during your visit, you can still experience the drama of space flight with a simulator or watch a film inside the immense IMAX theatre. There is also a wide selection of rockets and space-craft to explore and astronauts to meet and talk to.
Suggested Cape Canaveral itinerary
This sample itinerary will give you an idea of what is possible when you travel in Cape Canaveral, and showcases routes we know work particularly well. Treat this as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely by one of our specialists.
Map of Cape Canaveral
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Cape Canaveral
- Orlando 78 kilometers away
- Florida 110 kilometers away
- St Augustine 181 kilometers away
- Tampa 189 kilometers away
- Crystal River 203 kilometers away
- Clearwater 220 kilometers away
- Sarasota 224 kilometers away
- Anna Maria Island 230 kilometers away
- Fort Myers 232 kilometers away
- Sanibel Island & Captiva Island 264 kilometers away
- Fernandina Beach 267 kilometers away
- Naples 277 kilometers away
- Miami 295 kilometers away
- Jekyll Island 309 kilometers away
- Islamorada 387 kilometers away
- Savannah 414 kilometers away
- Tallahassee 423 kilometers away
- Key West 443 kilometers away