Set on Florida’s Gulf Coast, Sarasota is famed for its stretches of pristine sandy beaches, as well as its cultural and artistic attractions.
It is home to beautiful Siesta Key, recently voted the USA’s favourite beach and also to a wealth of fascinating historical sights. The Ca’ D’zan mansion is home to a number of artefacts from the Ringling family who established the world’s first circus, as well as the stunning John and Mable Ringling Museum of Art, which is home to an incredible collection of paintings, antiques and contemporary art.
The Historic Asolo Theatre hosts many theatrical and musical performances including ballet and opera. For some downtime, you can visit the famous St Armands Circle for some shopping and lunch before relaxing on the nearby Lido beach. Alternatively, the farmers market and Marie Selby Botanical Gardens are also well worth a visit.
Map of Sarasota
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Sarasota
- Anna Maria Island 17 miles away
- Tampa 43 miles away
- Clearwater 47 miles away
- Fort Myers 63 miles away
- Sanibel Island & Captiva Island 66 miles away
- Florida 72 miles away
- Naples 95 miles away
- Crystal River 109 miles away
- Orlando 109 miles away
- Cape Canaveral 139 miles away
- Miami 181 miles away
- St. Augustine 193 miles away
- Key West 198 miles away
- Islamorada 205 miles away
- Tallahassee 240 miles away
- Fernandina Beach 240 miles away
- Jekyll Island 267 miles away
- Panama City Beach 280 miles away