Visit Virginia Beach, USA
Virginia Beach, USA
Virginia Beach is the largest city in the state and attracts plenty of visitors to its long, straight and sandy shores.
The beach is lined by a strip of bars, restaurants, hotels and nightclubs and the town is one of the east coast's main surfing centres. The Virginia Marine Science Museum explains all things aquatic through high-tech interactive exhibits and an IMAX theatre. The aquarium includes harbour seals, nurse and brown sharks, stingrays and many other large ocean creatures, whilst dolphin watching trips and kayaking are also available during the summer months.
Nearby, the Back Bay National Wildlife Refuge and False Cape State Park are lovely spots for walking or cycling, while the thick woodlands of First Landing State Park mark the spot where the first English settlers made landfall in 1607 before moving to Jamestown.
Suggested itineraries featuring Virginia Beach
This sample itinerary will give you an idea of what is possible when you travel in Virginia Beach, and showcases routes we know work particularly well. Treat this as inspiration, because your trip will be created uniquely by one of our specialists.
Map of Virginia Beach
Places & hotels on the map
Places near Virginia Beach
- Williamsburg 80 kilometers away
- Richmond 150 kilometers away
- St. Michael's 216 kilometers away
- Virginia 235 kilometers away
- Annapolis 241 kilometers away
- Washington DC 246 kilometers away
- Charlottesville 257 kilometers away
- Raleigh 268 kilometers away
- Baltimore 277 kilometers away
- Front Royal 301 kilometers away
- Wilmington 343 kilometers away
- Gettysburg 349 kilometers away
- Philadelphia 353 kilometers away
- Roanoke 355 kilometers away
- Lancaster 356 kilometers away
- Winston Salem 391 kilometers away
- New York 466 kilometers away
- Charlotte 474 kilometers away